• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Extreme Pathetic Service of ARVIXE, Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tryimg

Chevereto Member
I have three queries:

1- I'm not sure if you can help in this regard or not. My account with ARVIXE was about to expire and 14 days prior to the expiry they auto-renewed my account and charged me. There was nothing mentioned in the contract / terms and condition or AUP that they will auto-renew. There is no option to delete my card details in their WHMCS control panel and on top of that, there's no option to stop the auto-renewal. They didn't even inform anywhere that the card will be charged 14 days prior to expiry date. And the golden moment, I called their helpline. They attended the call after 30 minutes, when I asked them that why was my card charged, the guy started misbehaving and was like "What do you want?" I asked him that why was it charged? He said that its in the system by default. And after 5 minutes of aggressive talk, he hung up my call.

Now my card is charged $48 without my will. AND my website is not even working because they dont reply to their support tickets.

2- My website is not working. Their database crashed I believe. What can I do? They don't attend my call, and didn't reply to my ticket since 4th October.
Admin dashboard:
https://s18.postimg.org/rir1kmsnt/Capture.png

PHPmyAdmin Database:
https://s14.postimg.org/wc3ocxosh/Capture1.png

If I try to repair the database from phpmyadmin
https://s12.postimg.org/r4iuzotxp/Capture2.png

3- Can you help me get refund, so I can move to your other hosting service TMD?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hey @tryimg

I'm very sad of what is going on here and if the service provided is that bad you are in your right to demand a solution for it.

1. Anytime your credit card gets charged without your permission, you can always issue a chargeback if things gets messy. You must talk about that with the issuer of your credit card (bank). Note that this process takes a lot of time and best that you can try is too keep pushing to cancel the charge directly with Arvixe.

2. Database crashes are always hard to fix, most likely you just lost some data. Best that you can do is backup the database and try to fix it in a local server.

3. I will love to do that but sadly I can't do that much. The only point of contact that I still have with Arvixe is with the affiliate manager which is a totally different department, your issue must be handled by the billing department and I don't have any leverage with them. I will ping the affiliate manager, but note that this is just a shoot in the dark.

I'm very sad to know that you are experiencing all these issues. I'm sorry for it, I feel very bad about about it.

Best,
Rodolfo.

Note that this process takes a lot of time and best that you can try is too keep pushing to cancel the charge directly with Arvixe.
This is actually SUPER easy to do in the US and normally only takes about 5-10 minutes on the phone.

I wasn't aware of that. Here in Chile is totally different.
This is very much off point, but it was October 2015 when we officially made the switch to Chip based cards. US laws are so good for the consumer in this regard that credit card fraud is fixed.

I ordered a bus ticket online in Mexico. Due to my bank stopping it (and sending me an email to accept it) I ended up having a broken transaction (no ID number or ticket) but still money taken out. Called them and they refunded me the money that night. Most painless experience.

Problem resolved with Arvixe. Though I'm now forced to stay with them for another year.
I contacted my Bank (UAE) and they asked me to call the helpline for the charge back procedure. I'm traveling so making an international call to UAE and then the hold music would cost me more than $48 :D So now I decided to keep it with them because there's no solution.
Also I checked with TMD, they offered me 6 months discount on moving to their service, BUT there's a catch. My website is currently consuming 700GB+ bandwidth, 30GB+ data with over 200,000 files. So TMD denied that the cheverto package that they are offering cannot run my website and I will have to go with a $200/month server :D
Looks like there's nothing much I can do. Thanks a lot @Rodolfo for your prompt reply and showing your concern.

Chevereto hosting offer with TMD applies to shared, vps and dedicated. Your website requires at least a VPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back