• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Export Database Automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishar

Chevereto Member
Hi,

Now the 2.1 release have a database implementation, I was thinking that's it could be nice to have an option / button to automatically export the database (as a .zip file)

We could access it on the admin panel and it will be easier (and faster) than export manually (by connecting to our database)

So, it's just an idea ;)

Ouch! There is a software for that, that downloads the database on your PC. Soon as it get any changes it downloads, but i dont remember the name. However, you can always compress it yourself, but automaticly, not sure if there is a option for that in cPanel?

Actually a simple dB backup doesn't solve anything because you will also need to backup the images. The better that you can do is a cron tab to backup all. There are cPanel modules that do that.

Using SSH you can do a direct transfer. You can gzip the whole folder, fetch, unzip and done. The db can be also moved in a similar way.

Actually a simple dB backup doesn't solve anything because you will also need to backup the images. The better that you can do is a cron tab to backup all. There are cPanel modules that do that.
Yes of course, but it was more if my server crashes, I could re-import the full db and the admin panel could list everything.

But it's not important, I can do this with phpmyadmin or maybe I'll do a script to export full db ;)

I mean, this is a system of images + db of images and you need them both. Exporting the images could be a pain in the ass (in the demo I have like 5GB of them... PHP just can't handle that .zip file).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back