• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Error after Restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

img

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I took backup on my previous shared hosting because that was about to expire, i decided to buy VPS and i did.. after doing all the basic things and cPanel installation.. i restored my files and db on new VPS..
now i get the following error when i try to access my site:
Untitled.png

What should i do? i re-uploaded .htaccess and given permission to images and content.. ???

That is telling you that Chevereto can't write content in those folders. Basically, Apache or Nginx (whatever you are running) should have permissions over those folders so PHP and therefore Chevereto can write in those folders, read this for a guide and how-to fix it: https://chevereto.com/community/thr...ission-issues-images-logo-watermark-etc.4561/

Thank you, I did it and It worked but now i can't get this sort out... I see this error in footer:

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_8aakeh3o36tur0qo9pjpi9avq0, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Even i given 777 permission to /tmp

Is all about permissions issues, that is related to server setup. You will need to contact your hosting company or server administrator in order to get this fixed. Basically, the temp folder can't be used for read/write and that is something that the system uses to store all session data.

Is all about permissions issues, that is related to server setup. You will need to contact your hosting company or server administrator in order to get this fixed. Basically, the temp folder can't be used for read/write and that is something that the system uses to store all session data.

Actually i manage the VPS myself and did cPanel and Installation myself, So i have to figure out myself... Ok tell me 1 more thing... as the version im running is old and i already decided to upgrade to 3.7.0 as i will make mess if i do that now having these errors?

It doesn't matters really because your problem is at setup level, is like you are missing some server configuration and you can't run the system properly. It has nothing to do with the version you are trying to install, is all about a missed configuration in your server that is easy to fix if you manage the VPS.

Reactions: img
Ok, i had it fixed, i updated easyapache, just untick the ioncube and enabled fcgi.. and it worked, even Internal error 500 gone too while uploading... now upgrading to newer version, finger cross... lets see what happens

Okay, So everything went Smooth... I got MBString Module Error but installed that using EasyApache ... So Everything Seems good now...

Thanks for Quick Support Rodolfo :) Have a good time making Chevereto more awesome..

You can close this Thread now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back