• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Emails going to SPAM folder for users

knova15

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi

Just started using C v3 and my users when signing up their welcome,activation emails end up in spam as default....i used phpmail and smtp too but still the same even with SSL.

Any suggestions ?

Thx

HI

It’s a brand new account and it has SSL and dedicated IP address so it should be free of the “other” plp on the server :)

That’s why I asked here. Will send them a msg tonight and see what they say about it.

thx

There is something about mail delivery that hosting companies never tell you and that is IP must be warmed. This means that for a period of like one month the emails will be labeled as false positives because the IP is relatively new, also the correct SMTP setup is important so if the signatures (DKIM and so on) are not properly set in the server mail will be always labeled as spam.

Best thing that you can do is get a Mandrill account (is very cheap) and set your IP to warm using their service. Your emails will pass through them using SMTP.

You can use this tool to check if your emails goes to SPAM or not: http://www.mail-tester.com/

Rodolfo is talking about e-mail blacklists, they can also be checked with http://mxtoolbox.com.

I was talking about the actual e-mail, dns and mail server configuration. Some things you need to check for this:

- Reverse dns (PTR record)
- SPF records need to be correct
- SSL --> Are your certificates installed properly and on the correct hostnames
- If you are using SSL for your mail services, make sure the certificate files can be accessed (permissions).

If you provide me with your domain name/smtp server we can check some of the above for you. But your ISP should also be able to help you.

Rodolfo is talking about e-mail blacklists, they can also be checked with http://mxtoolbox.com.

I was talking about the actual e-mail, dns and mail server configuration. Some things you need to check for this:

- Reverse dns (PTR record)
- SPF records need to be correct
- SSL --> Are your certificates installed properly and on the correct hostnames
- If you are using SSL for your mail services, make sure the certificate files can be accessed (permissions).

If you provide me with your domain name/smtp server we can check some of the above for you. But your ISP should also be able to help you.

Is the same thing. If you have a perfect email setup and you send more than a few per day your IP will be the cause of delivering your emails to spam. if you check closely:
It’s a brand new account and it has SSL and dedicated IP address so it should be free of the “other” plp on the server

That is always the warning sign in email delivery. Note that to test this you could use @hotmail/live/outlook accounts. They always send you to spam if your IP is new.

im using rivalhost (recomended host)

THanks for the info i didnt know that ! will do the tests and check also Mandrill sounds good used it before for a different project already.

Might worth adding the extra Note to the activation page that the new user should check the spam folder for the activation email just in case.

Back