• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

EC Defender (BETA)

Lautaro

👽 Chevereto Freak
defenderlogo.png
Hey guys,

About a week ago Piers told me about a suggestion that had been posted here in the forums about an API to keep abusers out of the Chevereto powered websites, we talked about it and we decided that it would actually be a pretty good idea to offer a service for such thing.

I just finished coding the basic beta version of the system and called it Extend Chevereto Defender. It's an open beta so you are all welcome to test the system. You might find out that it doesn't have much options yet but well, this is just the beta version, the official release will have tons of more features.

EC Defender it's a database of IP and Email addresses of abusers, botnets and spammers... all that stuff that you don't want in your website.

If you would like to give it a try, you can signup here:

The login and signup form it's the same one, the system will detect if you are still not registered and it will add you to the database, otherwise it will simply log you in.

- You must use your forum name ( the system will check if you are a client or not )
- DO NOT use your chevereto forum password

That's all.

Thanks to:
Mcmar for the suggestion (http://chevereto.com/community/threads/abuser-api.2416/)
Piers for the service idea

Regards,
Lautaro.

Attachments

• ECDefender.zip
    501 bytes · Views: 10
Sweet, i have a bunch of list of Pedophile uploaders, altso highly violence images.

When i mean violence images, i mean images where there are people cutting of head of eachother? that shud be added or what?

Cool initiative, it could be also have feedback.. I mean, we could make a spam/abuse cleaner in the admin where the users reports a IP and this data is sent to EC Defender website. Once the system got several reports on the same IP the data is inserted into the system :)

Cool initiative, it could be also have feedback.. I mean, we could make a spam/abuse cleaner in the admin where the users reports a IP and this data is sent to EC Defender website. Once the system got several reports on the same IP the data is inserted into the system :)
That would be even better! And cooler. I don't have login information, or i lost it. I can't remember it as i had it on the old chevereto forum. I'm waiting for reply to test it out :D

Yup.. a lot of great stuff can be added to this..

That would be even better! And cooler. I don't have login information, or i lost it. I can't remember it as i had it on the old chevereto forum. I'm waiting for reply to test it out :D

All you need to know to login is your chevereto forum username "Mcmar". In the password input you need to type a new password which you will be using for EC Defender. The system will detect if you are signing up or just logging in, if you are signing up then it will send you a confirmation link to your email ( the one you have configured with your chevereto forum account ) to confirm your identity and then you will be able to login.

Yup.. a lot of great stuff can be added to this..

All you need to know to login is your chevereto forum username "Mcmar". In the password input you need to type a new password which you will be using for EC Defender. The system will detect if you are signing up or just logging in, if you are signing up then it will send you a confirmation link to your email ( the one you have configured with your chevereto forum account ) to confirm your identity and then you will be able to login.

Don't worry mate. I wrote my username with 'mcmar' not 'Mcmar' i see its sensetive ofcourse.
Wow!! This looks so great. I can't wait untill its finished.

However, I'm not sure if its meant to as its not finished yet.. But i tried downloading the source, and it says its unreadable? on intigration page :) '' windows cant open this file name.zip '' etc.

Thanks for that, but sadly it still gives the error. ''Error with the comprised map'' .. I have no clue why? I hope its only me. Mayby you can try to .RAR it when you have time?

hmmm.. I made a new zip file and reuploaded it
http://chevereto.com/community/attachments/ecdefender-zip.30/

if that still doesn't work then here is the php code of the file:
http://pastebin.com/wdDncdDK

just make sure you call it "ec.defender.php" and place it in your chevereto includes folder.

New website is in progress:
http://defender.extendchevereto.com/NEW/

Planning to add much more stuff to it to make it easy to use and effective. Also it will be completely free, and as it's slogan says, everyone who uses it will be helping stop spam.

If anyone wants to help me out with this you are very welcome, this is a project for the Chevereto community and every single person that helps will have a space in the site credits.

New website is in progress:
http://defender.extendchevereto.com/NEW/

Planning to add much more stuff to it to make it easy to use and effective. Also it will be completely free, and as it's slogan says, everyone who uses it will be helping stop spam.

If anyone wants to help me out with this you are very welcome, this is a project for the Chevereto community and every single person that helps will have a space in the site credits.
Well, i can help out with blocking and accepting blocked IP Adresses as I'm online pretty much.

Back