• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

duplicate meta description

Youssef

Chevereto Member
hello, the google webmaster tool just warned me that some of my pages had a duplicate meta description:

/account/password-forgot
/explore/animated
/explore/popular
/explore/recent
/explore/trending/?list=images&sort=views_desc&page=2
/login
/plugin
/signup

How can I insert and modify the metas decriptions of these pages?

Which version are you using and which metas seems duplicated? I haven't been warned about that so most likely the issue is on your editing, not the script.

The problem is on your end. Custom meta descriptions should be declared at route level, not directly on the theme.

When I check the demo it got a dupe on at least one page. Same with mine. I guess this is just how it is?

"demo.chevereto.com"
OQtWa.jpg

"photoland.io"
OQ2mC.jpg

Inside the route fn, at the bottom:

PHP:
$handler::setVar('meta_description', 'your custom meta description');

Where is the Route to these pages?

Homepage
/account/password-forgot
/explore/animated
/explore/popular
/explore/recent
/explore/trending
/login
/plugin
/signup

See this :

Last edited:
The system doesn't support meta descriptions for these pages. Only the content (images, albums and users) gets appropriate meta description content. Being honest, there's no point in add meta descriptions for all pages.

The routes are at app/routes, customize it on your own with the code from #9.

Where is the Route to these pages?

Homepage
/account/password-forgot
/explore/animated
/explore/popular
/explore/recent
/explore/trending
/login
/plugin
/signup

See this :

Yes,Youssef that i was talking about before couple of days here about duplicate meta description.Duplicate meta description is very bad for SEO and how Google look on that. Maybe because Google is very strict today,if you not have a good meta description.unique how Matt say,then is bad.And in worse case your ads can be banned to serving on that url. My advice is write meta description as much as you can,when is possible,to fix bad ones.You will rank higher for particular keyword on search engines,and Google will love that.So your CPC will be higher ,and serp position. Good Luck

Back