• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Download full album or download selected images

mthiel1

Chevereto Member
is it possible to download a full album? it can be a zip file.
or is it posssible to download more than one photo at once?

this would be a must-have feature: i made photos fpr a wedding and would give them access to these. so they can download all pictures, not one by one.

Thank you for your reply,

Any ETA? as this is a paramount feature for our planned use for the software,
Ufortunatly, if this will take to long I will not be able to use as we are searching for an alternative to Piwigo (not being as stable and powerful as wed like)

Let me know

regards

There is no ETA for this and is actually not that easy to do because is a potential pitfall for DDoS attacks and I don't want to have that window in Chevereto. I will add it once I'm pretty sure that it won't compromise the performance.

Thank you for your answer and I am sorry for my late reply,

I am really looking forward to this,
I can't use this amazing software till I don't have this feature,

Can you tell me what is DDOS attack issue?

Looking froward to your response,

Can you tell me what is DDOS attack issue?

A DDoS attack is when a system is exhausted by malicious massive usage. For example, you have a website that works fine for 1000 concurrent users and suddenly you need to serve 10,000 concurrent users. Depending on your website features you open windows that make the DDoS attack easier for attackers. For example, if you use Wordpress or other script which highly demands resources the job will be easier for the attackers because the system already uses more resources than normal so is not that hard to collapse the system.

Chevereto doesn't use that much RAM or CPU but as any system any additional feature can make easier to do a DDoS attack. In this case, generate a .zip of the selected files is not an issue for 1 concurrent user, but for each additional concurrent user the system will increase its load and make the website slower. So I've to find a method to prevent malicious users doing the .zip thing. Something like the uploader which comes with flood protection https://chevereto.com/docs/flood-protection

Maybe I will just limit the number of .zip files per time period and enable admin to configure those limits, at least has worked fine for the uploader.

I completely understand this flood prevention perspective, however could you tell me the DB query to select a user's pictures?

Back