• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💾 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Does what it says on the box

glfowkes

Chevereto Member
I played with the demo and thought this is too good to be true, so decided to shell out the $$ on a Network license to self host. Created a subdomain for the photos uploaded the installer file and let it run.
It was so simple to install, I created the DB etc and it was away and done in no time at all.

I've got to say I've seen a lot of different solutions and a lot of people scrabbling to get on top of the Photofuckit debarcle but Chevereto (where did the name come from?) is definitely an alternative solution to the aforementioned photo sharing site.
The best thing for me is that I'm no longer reliant on a 3rd party site being available to host images that our members post on the forums.

Sure there are a couple of things I'd like to change but it's definately the best Out The Box solution that I've seen.

Good on you Rodolfo, it's hard to believe this is all from one person.
Thanks
Gary

Thanks Gary, glad you like it.

The name comes from the neologism chĂ©vere which comes from the Efik language. The term was introduced in the Caribbean and is widely used in South America and The Caribbean. Everyone in the Latin community knows this word and used quite often in Cuba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, and PerĂș.

Chévere generally means "cool" but it has other meanings (great, awesome, excellent, superb, etc). Chevereto name for me means "too chévere" or something which is chévere.

The term is quite informal, is not vulgar but is definitely not formal. That's why I picked that word because I like what it means, I think that is clever and people will always know that is a term strictly related with Latin America. It appeals to our half of the American continent (I'm Chilean) and it tells you what it is –cool stuff– not what it does (image hosting).

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Back