• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Does chevereto have RFI (remote file include) bug ???

nmt12

Chevereto Member
Does chevereto have a include bug ??? That allow hacker upload a gif file to server ( but this gif was includes php code ) . And they can run that php code in the gif file !!! And they can crash the site !

That bug is more related to the server api instead of the scripts. It affects apache long time ago and few years ago it affects nginx (2009 or so, not raelly sure of the dates).

Anyway, I have try to reproduce this bug on apache, nginx and even windows server and I havent able to do it. Recently a guy from some other upload script post that Chevereto has this leak, I contact him and he wasn't able to reproduce it either (I think that he doesn't take the time to correct his post btw).

You never can tell that your script hasn't certain bug because mostly of them are things that affect whole php enviroment. But if you always run the last versions of everything you should be ok. Believe me when I say that every reported (and unreported) bugs gets fixed asap.

Back