• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

[Discussion] Images copyright

Gunz

Chevereto Member
A want to open a discussion about images copyright. Can be problems with law about image copyright?

If an user host an image with copyright what can i do? And if is not reported?

I open that discussion also for google adsense, in they rules they said " You can't put adsense banner on site that uses copyrighted file " infact on google you can find the same question for other people that have images hosting site.

What do you think about it? Anybody can use all images or there are rules to respect? The law can block your site?

/discuss

A want to open a discussion about images copyright. Can be problems with law about image copyright?

If an user host an image with copyright what can i do? And if is not reported?

I open that discussion also for google adsense, in they rules they said " You can't put adsense banner on site that uses copyrighted file " infact on google you can find the same question for other people that have images hosting site.

What do you think about it? Anybody can use all images or there are rules to respect? The law can block your site?

/discuss

That strongly depends in which country your server is hosted. If it is in USA, responding to any DMCA request should do the job, in European, they still send DMCA request even if your server isnt hosted in USA, so you just answer them and everything is fine.

If your server is in Russia, you won't get any notice, since they don't care very much about images (they prefer to take down videos / music )

If it is a poor country (like most of the country in Africa) they simply don't care.

Everything depends in which country you are hosted.

My servers are hosted in UK, Italia and France (all Europe). However about DMCA if they found some illegal images they will advice me to delete them, or they can take down the site and give me a fine.

My servers are hosted in UK, Italia and France (all Europe). However about DMCA if they found some illegal images they will advice me to delete them, or they can take down the site and give me a fine.

If you answer the request in less than 7 days, you will never get a fine. You may be prosecuted, but only when you get mostly illegal files on your service.

Back