• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Disable IP Tracking

LEckley

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi Guys,

As the title suggests, ability to disable IP tracking in Chevereto allowing for "anonymous" usage.

Regardless if Chevereto tracks or not the IP will be there in the server logs so there is no point in disable that. In fact, I can't think in any good reason to disable it.

Regardless if Chevereto tracks or not the IP will be there in the server logs so there is no point in disable that. In fact, I can't think in any good reason to disable it.
Access Logs, Error Logs, etc. can all be easily disabled..they are completely optional.

On the Chevereto front isn't optional, I am asking for the option to disable it.

As to reasoning behind it, laws are changing around the world and in some cases (especially in the middle east or similar countries around the world) people are needing a place to upload content where they need not worry about it being easily tracked back to them. A good example being the censorship that is still ongoing in Turkey, where even the use of VPN's is be heavily disabled due to in depth packet inspection.

There is definitely a demand out there for such functionality.

Out of scope for now, I will review it after 4.0

Last edited:
Back