• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Details about User Management functions on Chevereto Pro

Walter Velez

Photo Reports
I am starting a photography business and I want to use Chevereto for an extra gallery where I can host production, and distribute photos and perhaps short videos, to customers... I expect less than 50 customers per year... So it will be for 50 users. My questions are:
1. Do Chevereto Pro has the capability to keep users' images separated under User Name and Passwords? Or do I have to go for an Enterprise version?
2. Can my customers browse and download the images that I post on their private albums?
3. Can I restrict what can be downloaded from the public album? Which will be my gallery, so people do not steal our common images.
4. Do Chevereto Pro support the storage of short videos? I do not need a player, but a way to show its existence and transfer the video if necessary.

Thank you.

Hi @Walter Velez

1. Do Chevereto Pro has the capability to keep users' images separated under User Name and Passwords? Or do I have to go for an Enterprise version?
With Chevereto Pro you get multi-user, which grants you a lot of isolation levels:
  • Community website where users have their own user/password access and their content appears under their profile (see demo)
  • You can tweak the website privacy for all users (read docs)
  • Enable website only for registered users
  • Toggle selective functionality only for register/guest users
You can also host multiple instances, one Chevereto per customer and get customer1.domain.com and customer2.domain.com, etc. That's the best isolation level as each instance (customer) can have their own users.

2. Can my customers browse and download the images that I post on their private albums?
Using the Bulk content importer you can import content to any user (read docs).

3. Can I restrict what can be downloaded from the public album? Which will be my gallery, so people do not steal our common images.
You can toggle the "download button" and forbid right click, but there's no enforcement on any other easy to break methods to steal images. You could watermark images (it also does that).

4. Do Chevereto Pro support the storage of short videos? I do not need a player, but a way to show its existence and transfer the video if necessary.
Not yet.

Hope it helps!

Back