• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Desktop App with API error message

Bobby Stone

Chevereto Member
Well I have been emailing Rodolfo about this but I'm sure he's tired of hearing from me so much lol so I figured I would post here also to make it public. I saw some old posts about this same thing from v2.0/2.1 but I'm running 2.5.4 and I'm having these errors. When I try to upload my image the response I'm getting from the API is:
Code:
{"status_code":403,"status_txt":"invalid base64 byte sequence"}
I think the weirdest thing about this is that it goes back and forth. Sometimes I will get this error and sometimes I will get:
Code:
{"status_code":403,"status_txt":"invalid source (thumb)"}
Does anyone know what is causing this? I'm pretty sure it might have something to do when I convert the image to a byte[] using a memory stream and then with that convert it to a base64 string(Convert.ToBase64String(array)). Also I'm using VB.NET to do this...

Here is a snippet of the code. Maybe someone can see if I missed something? It might just be a simple mistake! Thanks!

Code:
wb.ContentType = "application/x-www-form-urlencoded"
        wb.Method = "POST"
        wb.Timeout = 10000
        Dim parameters As String = "upload=" + (final)
        Dim encoding As New System.Text.UTF8Encoding()
        Dim bytes As Byte() = encoding.GetBytes(parameters)
        Dim os As System.IO.Stream = Nothing
        Dim responseFromServer As String
        Try
            wb.ContentLength = bytes.Length
            os = wb.GetRequestStream()
            os.Write(bytes, 0, bytes.Length)

Best Regards, Bobby Stone

p.s. Happy New Year!

I'm in a different time zone, that's why my replies seems to be delayed. yesterday I was answering your emails like at 3am local time.

Yeah I understand. It's not a problem. Thought I would just put the code out there to see if someone could check it. I do appreciate you helping and being so quick with the replied.

Also, I will get you FTP details when I get home. I'm on my phone and don't know the PW by memory.

Back