• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Deletion menu absent from search results

newmikey

Chevereto Member
If this question has been answered before, my apologies! I am a new user of Chevereto although I have used other PHP based image galleries before as well as Piwigo.

I have migrated thousands of images off Flickr and onto my new Chevereto-driven site and I'm trying to cull them as there are many images from literally before 2010 with lower quality which I would really prefer to ditch. Preserve hosting server space etc. I have found it very useful to organize images that I want people to actually see in public albums, images I don't necessarily need everyone to look at but that I want to share in a private album with sharing enabled (like the screenprints below f.i.) and all others in a private album where I can sort and sift at will.

I found that I can make a large selection in the album view and then select [Delete] but the [Delete] option does not appear when i have the results of a search action. Is mass-deletion in a search results screen possible?

Thanks! I noticed that the dropdown options [Create album] and [Move to album] are also missing. Is that equally easy to address?

User case:
1. Want to go through all images throughout with "sunset" in their name and move them to a new album or a different existing album
2. Use search option with *sunset* as key
3. Select good one ones and use dropdown menu [Move to album] to do what is required
4. Use [select all] on the remainder on the page and use the dropdown [Delete]

General search misses these options because the search is site wide, for all users.

For your use case, you should search from the /user profile. That way the results will show the album move options.

Back