• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Delete images by MD5 hash

AshleyUK

💖 Chevereto Fan
Occasionally I get the odd DMCA takedown email.
Not a problem, I simply comply and delete the image.
However, there might be multiple instances of that 'particular' image uploaded.

For instance,

Image 1 - MD5 = 12345
Image 2 - This is the reported one. MD5 = 12345
Image 3 - MD5 = 12345
Image 4 - MD5 = 12345

So by complying to the DMCA email, I'll only be taking down Image 2, but Image 1 / 3 / 4 still exist, and it's only a matter of time until I get another takedown notice for those as well.

So these four images are all the same image, but we have four copies uploaded and four different URL's.

The mentioned MD5 references are obviously fake, it's just for show purposes

Could the 'delete command', delete the submitted image, and also search the database to find any other images with the same MD5 and delete those as well?

Or maybe, could we add an option so that we can search by MD5 via the advanced search ? (Admin only)

Actually this could be done by adding a search operator like this:

hash:<hash>

And make that search operator only visible and usable for admins. Doing this you can simply click on Select all then Delete.

Back