• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Delete a folder with pictures

TMRproduction

Chevereto Member
Hello, whenever I want to delete a folder with pictures I get an error message.

/httpdocs/images/2014/04/19 can not be removed: filemng: Error occurred falling on /bin/rm command.

What should I do so that I can delete the data?
After all, I'm admin of the page.
And space is precious. :)

Greeting TMR

Greeting TMR

That is a server issue, Chevereto doesn't touch your server settings or something. By the way, you should delete files from the system frontend (Chevereto) because you also need to delete the database records.

My server provider has written to me about the problem:

He said: The script you are using has you removed the user rights for the individual files and these are now wwwrun the system. Therefore, you do not have the option of files, eg via an FTP program to delete itself.

And now?

The problem is how your hosting company runs the sever API. For instance Apache should run as a separated user in the same group of the user with access to FTP. In that case any change made by Chevereto using PHP over Apache to the images or folders is transparent to the auth group.

This is the same thing as having sub users in your server and have an owner who isn't able to touch the sub-user folders. Problem is how they manage the permissions and groups.

And I insist, use the frontend to delete files because you will get a large number of wrong listed images but is up to you.

Cheers.

Back