• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Database crashing when non-admin users upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazazze

Chevereto Member
Website URL
<private>

Chevereto version

Description of the issue
Hi,

Been pulling my hair out on this one for a few hours now.

Whenever a registered user attempts to upload pictures the database crashes before the image is stored, confirmed by multiple users and myself. However, when uploading from the admin account, everything works fine, image is uploaded, appears in /dashboard/images and user albums etc.

Have checked the logs for Apache - mysql server has gone away; checked the SQL logs which show the crash and subsequent restart.

Any hints to solving this one? Thanks. 😊

Any hints to solving this one?
Unfortunately, no. Most likely there's some sort of bad configuration or function causing that one. You have to check the actual mysql server log, maybe enable the slow query log or even something else. I rarely have issues with MySQL so I can't help you that much.

You have to at least detect the exact query causing the issue.

Hi Rodolfo,

Thanks for the reply, I've been digging around and even dumping the chv_images table seems to cause a crash, so it would seem that Chevereto isn't directly causing the crashes and perhaps the table has some corruption.

(Especially since it seems to be working at the moment)

Sure, most likely is just a local issue. Chevereto installations out there are too many to don't notice a bug like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back