• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

create language subdomains

Youssef

Chevereto Member
Hello I want to know if it is possible to manage the subdomain with chevereto. For example, when a German selector user is redirected to de.website.com, French to fr.website.com an Italian to it.website.com
Thanks You

I do not understand can you explain us please.

currently chevereto has url like this mywebsite.com/?lang=it And I want to redirect this url to it.mywebsite.com
mywebsite.com/?lang=de to de.mywebsite.com
mywebsite.com/?lang=pl to pl.mywebsite.com

and I wish to do that for all languages.

on the hoster tmdhosting I found that one could add add under the subdomain look at the screenshot below
subdomain.png

Last edited:
You do this to fool Google and get you indexed in several languages, Google may think that is a different website and it will index it in that way. If you care about that then this could be an option, if you only want it because is pretty then don't waste your time on this.

An example of this is that if you search for "Alojamiento De Imágenes" you will get https://es.imgbb.com/ as the first result.

The downside is the potential penalty because a subdomain represents a different website so you have to deal with canonical tags to avoid duplicated content.

This needs some extra coding, please understand that I'm not available for this.

You do this to fool Google and get you indexed in several languages, Google may think that is a different website and it will index it in that way. If you care about that then this could be an option, if you only want it because is pretty then don't waste your time on this.

An example of this is that if you search for "Alojamiento De Imágenes" you will get https://es.imgbb.com/ as the first result.

The downside is the potential penalty because a subdomain represents a different website so you have to deal with canonical tags to avoid duplicated content.

This needs some extra coding, please understand that I'm not available for this.

I have tried to make a subdomain but it does not work with en.domain.com, etc. what am i doing wrong? how should it be done exactly?

Back