• Hey Guest, don't forget to VOTE on each RFC topic. Your voting determine Chevereto development! No votes, no development.
  • Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Continue to your image for adult content

Nirjonadda

💖 Chevereto Fan
Please add this functionality, Like adult image host have this functionality to view adult image Require "Continue to your image" , Image Hosting site "Continue to your image" like on pixhost or imagevenue or imgchili. Also admin can enable/disable this option and only for adult content if marked not safe.

1vmpgoAISE_GuG_25GgO9w.png

Last edited:
Just gonna copy/paste my comment from the other thread for those needing more insight to the revenue opportunity with this option:

"imgbox, imagetwist, imagebam, etc. have this interstitial ad that acts like a "18+ verification" sort of thing before you can view your NSFW image in true HD or whatever, ex:

Capture.PNG

Once you click continue, you are not only "verifying" that you are 18+, but upon clicking continue you get a popup/under and then the actual image is displayed, this feature usually has a 24 hour cookie. Normal worksafe images do not have this "gateway". Is something like this possible in the foreseeable future as it ads an additional source of revenue to Chevereto and tackles the 18+ verification issue in some countries (2 birds/one stone). Maybe a selection of the current age verification already in place and then a age verification w/ interstitial ad? Admins could implement either/or based on their needs."

No, this is very annoying, I hate sites that use this thing.
I think "consent screen" is enough to warn once, not every time.

I completely agree that it can be annoying and that's why it can be an option. And it shouldn't be every time, it would just be an OPTION. Image hosting can get crazy expensive, especially for those of us that are in the NSFW community. We don't have the luxuries of adsense, unfortunately, and need to monetize strategically. Putting that "wall" up ensures that we (who choose to select that option) get that click from the user to see the actual image, which would also launch any popup/under, this also adds an additional revenue form to chevereto. And I get it, it's "not right" for you and others, but some people would argue that they don't like guest uploads, but it's an OPTION. We are a vast community with all of our own needs for whatever reason that is. And that's why chevereto has options for each and every website. The more options chevereto has as an image hosting script the better it is as a whole and to Rodolfo for putting so much work into it.

Last edited:
you know you can use the consent page function? enable it and it will warn about adult content, before you visit the site.

Ok, so to summarize.

You want some sort of continue screen that you choose how many times you popup this to your visitors amd you basically want to that to put ads or any kind of custom text/warning.

Is that right?

Yes.

Here are some examples how large image hosts use this to generate revenue:

- Example #1

- Example #2

- Example #3

What this does is requires the user to actually click on the page instead of just visiting, looking at the image, and leaving (no revenue generated). With this in place, once they click to see the image a pop can be launched bringing in revenue. Example #1 & #3 are the best, they not only have the click to "Continue to your image", they also display an advertisement overlay on the page as well, that's 2 points of potential revenue before the image is even seen.

And I get it, it's not for everyone, that's why it can be an option. Don't like it? Don't use it. But like I mentioned above, the more options Chevereto has as an image hosting script (especially revenue generating) the better it is as a whole.

I don't mind Nirjonadda original suggestion at the beginning of this thread as that makes sense, but IMO something like those examples is completely out of scope of the core product.

Fully understand the importance of revenue generation, but kinda think you should be adding that sort of thing yourself if you want it....

I don't mind Nirjonadda original suggestion at the beginning of this thread as that makes sense, but IMO something like those examples is completely out of scope of the core product.

Fully understand the importance of revenue generation, but kinda think you should be adding that sort of thing yourself if you want it....
Is kinda hard due to updates. To make this work you need sessions and a bunch of stuff that touches several files.

I like this feature. Specially the interestial ads on the verification page. I have seen this many times but its only works best on nsfw images so its a good way if admin can enable/disable this option on image types. only like enable it on nsfw images only.

Back