• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Coders Required: Trying to extend the usage of our Chrome Extension

AshleyUK

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi guys,
This will be a lengthy post, but please bare with me.

I've had an idea to piggy back a new feature on top of our original "GET" featured Chrome Extension, which http://chevereto.imgwiz.com/ has kindly provided.

The idea is to implement a "selective screen capture" tool.
I know that some of us have desktop applications that do this already, but I think this would be a great feature for all of us "Chrome" users.

Further explanation - The idea is to take a screen capture tool that already exists... For this example, I will use: "Explain and Send Screenshots" - which can be downloaded from here.

Code:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mdddabjhelpilpnpgondfmehhcplpiin

Once installed, I will use the tool to capture a certain area.

DhukC.png

zIFVj.png

uFY3s.png

Notice on the last picture, the websites that we can share the image with. imgur / imm.io etc.

Currently my idea is to add a NEW button for OUR website. So for me, the image would be uploaded to http://www.ultraimg.com

Now this is where I am stuck, and this is where the coders are required - to code up the POST method and stuff like that, because to be honest, I haven't got a clue about javascript or ajax.
Once the code has been made successfully, and it uploads the images without any problems, then I can basically do the rest. I will strip the screenshot tool and your working "upload" code, and put it together with the other extension - If that makes sense.

Again sorry for the lengthy post.
To make things easier, you can download the extracted extension HERE.
The file that needs editing is, /js/editor.js
If you need me to test your code, then I can do so - no problem. Just drop me a PM, or submit the code here.
Each image host button has it's own section in the script. Just strip the code from one of them, and place the new code in it's place. I can fix the css / and graphics later.

Thank you for your time.
I really do hope we can get this working :)

Just to let you know, the coding as been done :p:D
Thanks to coder on another website that I regularly visit.

So close to having a selective screenshot tool now. I'm just stripping everything, and tidying it up :)

Yeah that's right Rodolfo.
A guy called "Gaurav", he done some brilliant work with getting it coded up.
I'm just stripping it down now. I don't think I'll get it finished tonight though - and I'm also out most of the weekend :( So it will most likely be completed sometime next week.

Just test it and it does the job. It needs little tweaks but is great :p

I don't mean to pry, Did you pay for this? Do you have a license or something?

Only asking as I want your permission to "Take it part" and added it to and will obviously give your credit.

http://chevereto.imgwiz.com

Regards,
Cory

I didn't pay for it as such no, I only paid for the coding part which made it work for my site. I then got rid of about 80% of the bloat that the 'original' extension had - this includes all the "donation" coding and rubbish like that.

The thing is with Chrome extensions, I have noticed that many of them are 'taken', and re-coded for another persons use.
So feel free to take it apart as you wish, it's a pretty nice script.

Please note, my site is a public API, so the API coding wasn't included. I'm sure it's only a couple of extra lines. If it is required, I might have to contact my coder. Just let me know.
If you need any help with the script, then again just let me know. I know my way around it quite well due to editing pretty much every file lol. I've been changing a few bits here and there since my v2.0.0 was released. But I'm not ready to upload it yet. This just includes some touch ups, and a background image. (You'll be fine with the current release) :)

Back