• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Cloudfront implementation, anyone?

choksw

Chevereto Member
Hi Folks,

I was using cloudflare earlier and it was working great. However, when I update chevereto, it just screws up and the changes are not implemented. I think it is the way how cloudflare caches your whole site, (making it available even if your server fails).

So, my first question is, how are u guys implementing cloudflare and handle the frequent chevereto updates? Is it possible to cdn only the images (www.example.com/images/..) and yet leave the base URL uncached ? (eg. www.example.com & www.example.com/admin)

Currently, I am also using cloudfront for my static assets (JS/CSS) at my ecommerce site, and I like the way how we can point a cname to the distribution to retrieve a file from the cdn instead of messing around with the nameservers like cloudflare.

Since we use chevereto to manage and host our static product images (for our ecommerce site), I went ahead to implement cloudfront with chevereto. Since we use only one field most often (html code field), I used a JS function to strip the base url from "src" and attached my cloudfront distribution cname at admin.js / admin.min.js, and have the script return the external link url address with my cloudfront cname as base url.

Obviously, that's not the most elegant way of doing it, but it was quick, dirty, easy.

Hence my second question being, is there a way to specify a base url for chevereto link fields, instead of the current automatic base url assignment?

eg: domain : www.example.com
somewhere in config.php:
var external_link_url = d1234.cloudfront.net // EXAMPLE ONLY.

If any of you have implemented cloudfront successfully in a different way, please share, appreciate it!

Back