• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Cloudflare Images

klikdesigner

Chevereto Member
Hello everyone,

i think this big news for chevereto, what your opinion ?

So it's $60 for 1M images that's very cheap! Also signed URLs enables a myriad of options. Nice stuff indeed.

The only downside I see is the 10MB file limit. I believe that such limitation trims a lot the pretended use scope.

So it's $60 for 1M images that's very cheap!

They mentioned like this

"You pay $5/month for every 100,000 stored images and $1 per 100,000 delivered images."

This means you pay an additional 1$ for 24GB of bandwidth consider the size of the image is averaging at 256KB. And I am sure, most image hosts have an image size average of more than 768KB which will be 1$ for 74GB. And even if all the images are 10MB then 1$ for 976GB.

And this is based on a number of requests than bandwidth. So any single DDoS of 1 million requests to an image will cost you a lot.

And this won't be practically possible to afford unless you have images at 9MB and more averaging. So Chevereto for the Win :)

Chevereto + cloudflare images integration for external storage.

= Cheap and A+ performance result.

i think this big news for chevereto user.

Reactions: twm
Chevereto + cloudflare images integration for external storage.

= Cheap and A+ performance result.

i think this big news for chevereto user.

I am not sure how you term it as cheap when they charge based on numbers and not by storage space. Also, they charge for image delivery based on count which is the most expensive.

Even my small image host gets millions of hits on images daily, that will result in 100+ USD daily for serving alone in case if I use CF images.

I am not sure how you term it as cheap when they charge based on numbers and not by storage space. Also, they charge for image delivery based on count which is the most expensive.

Even my small image host gets millions of hits on images daily, that will result in 100+ USD daily for serving alone in case if I use CF images.
if host get hit millions for single image, for sure cloudflare images will not be an option for anyone. (another cloud provider will give you better option).

i think all we know, behind cloudlare infrastucture they provide A+ services. Pay $ 5 for 100k store images and another $5-$10 for 500k-1 millions hits per month its enough for me.

Wow! That's so expensive though for me! But it's a great step forward for Cloudflare hopefully overtime bulk prices come a thing.

$510 just for storage for me.

I have currently around 3.4 million images. 3,400,000. A lot of them have a .md. and a .th because of older Chevereto versions. I currently have around ~10 million images in storage now (I had to replicate one backup drive just in case to make my urls uniform but support old ones but that was a small subsection). This is 100 instances of 100,000. So this is $500 for just storage on Cloudflare.

My website has served 44 million images this month alone. 440 instances of 100,000. $2200 for this.

So this as an option $2710. Great for babies, not great for us established ones. If I don't grow at all this year, $32,520. Holy shit. That's a salary.

Wow! That's so expensive though for me! But it's a great step forward for Cloudflare hopefully overtime bulk prices come a thing.

$510 just for storage for me.

I have currently around 3.4 million images. 3,400,000. A lot of them have a .md. and a .th because of older Chevereto versions. I currently have around ~10 million images in storage now (I had to replicate one backup drive just in case to make my urls uniform but support old ones but that was a small subsection). This is 100 instances of 100,000. So this is $500 for just storage on Cloudflare.

My website has served 44 million images this month alone. 440 instances of 100,000. $2200 for this.

So this as an option $2710. Great for babies, not great for us established ones. If I don't grow at all this year, $32,520. Holy shit. That's a salary.
great to hear your success story sir. i hope one day my website will become closer to your achievement.

Back