• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Clean update install V 4.x

Version
Website URL
https://tm-img.com
PHP version
Database driver
MariaDB
Database version
10.3.36-MariaDB-cll-lve
Web browser
Firefox

Gambalunga

💖 Chevereto Fan
Note. I am in the process of updating so the site may still be running v. 3.20.19

The update to v 4.x of Chevereto seems to leave quite a few redundant files from V 3.x
I do have a limit to the number of files on my (shared) server so the removal of redundant files may help, even if the number of files involved is relatively small.
Is it possible to leave whatever configuration files are required for v. 4.x, delete all other files (obviously leaving the user images) and then re-install the v. 4.x files thereby creating a clean v. 4.x install?
If so just what v. 4.x files must remain on the server?

The huge number of files is on the app/vendor dir which accounts 31,827 files. Everything else is marginal compared with the footprint of that folder. The non-vendor files are just 669.

An alternative for you could be to install V4 in a new path and move/copy the images and content to this new installation, then simply plug the database.

I assume that you are using external storage?

Actually following the latest instructions the app/vendor directory was deleted and reinstalled by the installation of v 4.0.1 so any redundant files in that section have gone.
I did look at doing a new install on a new path but I was unsure about how to attach the database and exactly which files would need to be edited. Not wanting to take a risk I decided to leave "We'll enough alone" 😀

I have never investigated external storage. All user images are in content/images/users
Does this present a problem? Is there a reason I should consider external storage?

Back