• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Clarifications

Jim

Chevereto Member
Hi,

So I have done some browsing of your forums and found this http://chevereto.com/forums/topic123-password-protect-chevereto.html ...

Basically I just want to confirm that I will be able to set-up user accounts for my family members who can login and view and upload any pictures they wish, while the admin account will be the only one available to delete images and create or atleast approve new accounts.

Also that when one of my family members uploads a picture they will be able to set it to private only (needing a login to view) or an option to make it available to the public provided they are given a link to it.

I know this isn't what you do but I have been googling extensively and I am having trouble finding software that will allow me to do the things I am talking about above only with home videos instead of pictures. Like a private youtube. Is there anything available you are aware of that is like that?

Essentially I would like to be able to host pictures and videos on my server for my friends and family members to view and contribute to, while keeping all content secure on my own server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time,
Jim

At the moment I'm working on a private mode for 2.2 which will feature just one public password (different from admin) and anyone with pass will be able to upload images.

About the other privacy options, I'm thinking on making something like that but I don't have a any date for that. Sorry.

Ok, thanks, I will just password protect access to the entire program. I am about to install an older free version just to test it out. If I like it I will be purchasing shortly.

cool, so I just noticed another issue. Is there a way to create folders or use tags or something for organization?

It creates datefolders (year/month/day) and there is not yet tags implementation. I have just recently add the File Manager and the tags should arrive in version 3.

Ok two last question then, when I upload pictures and it adds todays date to them.

1) can I change the folder titles?

2) will I be able to give other users access to these folders without providing them the link for it? I.E. can they just login to their account and be able to see all folders?

If Not, would there be an issue, if we all used the same user so that all folders were visible to all? Would there be issues with simultaneous logins this route?

Thanks again

Getting a 500 error on the payment page and why do you require I put in the domain I'm going to use?

In which step do you get the 500 error?
And the domain is just for reference but in the future users will need to enter the domains that they will use so I can have a validator that will tell when a domain is using a pirated version.

As soon as I put in a domain and hit proceed to paypal. I intend to run this software on a private server for just my family that requires a user/pass just to access the page..... Will you still require I provide you with the domain I am using

Not needed, put anything really. About the payment problem... Please try now.

Done. Do you have to manually confirm my account before I have access to the download?

I test like 3million times the payment gateway and now it fails at the 3AM :(

Done. Do you have to manually confirm my account before I have access to the download?

Sure, It supposed to do it auto but something went wrong with the system (must be the forum change). Please let me workout on this a few minutes.

yeah definitely something not right, I did click the "proceed to download" button after finishing payment, but it just sent me back to the pay 49usd page again. Just FYI.. 2am here, i better head to bed soon myself :p

I'll go to my email, as when I click that link Fatal error: Can't use function return value in write context in /home/<funny path edited by admin>/includes/xenconnect.php on line 195

I'm still doing some test, download now I will carry on tomorrow.

Back