• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Choose/Create Album - Before Clicking Upload

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEckley

💖 Chevereto Fan
Hi Guys,

I have received a few complaints from users about issues with "Access Denied" errors when they try to choose/create an album once all of their images have been uploaded. In digging into the issue I found the users running into the problem are those uploading 50+ images at one time and then walking away from their PC while the upload completes (It can take quite a lot of time for users with slow uploads).

As long as the user choose/creates the album quickly after the upload completes there isn't an issue, however if they create/choose an album X minutes/hours after the uploads have completed they receive the "Access Denied" error.

I have run into the issue myself a few times when uploading a large volume of images and forget to check in on the uploads until an hour or more after it finishes leading me to have to manually go check off all the images and then move them into an album (Quite the pain honestly).

So my solution would be to move the choose/create album functionality to before the user starts all of the uploads. It would be the same time when users choose their category where the images will be shown.

So in short, Choose my images --> select category, select/create album --> Click Upload

With this change a user could begin uploading a large volume of images just before going to bed and when they wake up in the morning the images will be in the correct category and album without needing any further intervention from the user.

I hope that all makes sense.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back