• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Chevereto doesn't work anymore (blank page) after the latest update

zalmoxis

Chevereto Noob
After updating to the latest version, the website - which was fine for 2 years, is now completely blank. I don't even know where to start. Is there a roll-back function for the update?

The website is: www.mger.co

The license is associated to this account: https://chevereto.com/community/members/zumbadumba03.81530/
In the future do please open your tickets under that account so we can know that you are a client and not someone else.

Is there a roll-back function for the update?
In this particular case I don't recommend a rollback neither a backup. This is because 3.14 added important security fixes and while for you it may be a problem to don't have your website working, it will be worse if it is vulnerable to attacks.

is now completely blank. I don't even know where to start.
As we don't control neither the theme being used or the server you are running, it is normal that this kind of issues happens. We have a guide on how you should approach to these situations: https://chevereto.com/community/threads/common-conflicting-issues-and-error-handling.4280/

Knowing the source of the issue (the actual error, not the outcome) dramatically speed up the response time to this matter. If you are unable to proceed with these then kindly send us server access to REDACTED
  • Server access credentials (user/password)
  • Path to your website (full system path)
  • A link to this topic
Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Hello Rodolfo,

Thank you so much for responding and I apologise for the multiple threads. Took a while to figure out how this works.

I have not changed the theme or modified it myself. This was a 'complete' package bought via TMD with Chevereto pre-installed.

I have attached the error_log to this response. Please let me know if there's anything I can do or if you'd rather me send server access as per your indications above.

Attachments

• error_log.txt
    1,022.7 KB · Views: 1
This is the actual error:

Code:
[23-Jan-2020 05:51:15 Europe/London] exception 'CHV\ListingException' with message 'SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'chv_users.user_user_id' in 'where clause'' in /home/mgerco/public_html/app/lib/classes/class.listing.php:469
Stack trace:
#0 /home/mgerco/public_html/app/routes/route.index.php(212): CHV\Listing->exec()
#1 /home/mgerco/public_html/lib/G/classes/class.handler.php(232): G\Handler->{closure}(Object(G\Handler))
#2 /home/mgerco/public_html/lib/G/classes/class.handler.php(132): G\Handler->processRequest()
#3 /home/mgerco/public_html/app/loader.php(796): G\Handler->__construct(Array)
#4 /home/mgerco/public_html/index.php(20): include_once('/home/mgerco/pu...')
#5 {main}

Which is saying that a query is using a unknown column chv_users.user_user_id. I'm afraid that I will need to inspect your installation on site and I will need access to your cPanel. This is because I need to detect where that is being used as I don't recognize that column either, it should be chv_users.user_id.

Understood. I'm sending cPanel details as requested now.

The query might be related to me setting the homepage to display the latest photos of all users instead of the 'Trending' option.

What I've detected is that the update process wasn't carried as expected. There are some files updated, some aren't. In particular, the problem is that the theme is trying to call nonexistent functions. This has nothing to do with the previous issue (user_user_id thing).

My guess is that you carried the update and something horrible happened in between that caused this mixture of files in your installation. It could be due the fact that you updated from a very old release, but as there's no log for the process, I just assume that it was a file system issue. That or you merely updated it manual (honestly, I rely on your feedback here because I've logs that show API access and manual access to the download).

Regardless of how it happened, the solution was to simply re-upload everything. Your website is up and working again.

I have received an email notification that a Chevereto update is available. I have went to the Dashboard and updated as always, identical to all previous updates. I always update it that way, and I always update it on each release. I'm not sure how it happened - the update process itself showed as successful and no errors were displayed. It was only upon refreshing that the whole thing went blank.

I'm a bit afraid to update in the future now. I'm not very technical - as in, I know how to get this up and running and manage the basic hosting things, but if something like this goes wrong, I'm unsure how to debug and fix it like you just did.

In any case, it seems to be all well now and working properly, thank you for your prompt response and resolution.

If you have issues on the future don't hesitate to ask, although you should try doing manual update just to discard a file-related issue if something similar happens in the future. It is very odd what happened here, I will keep an eye for it.

I'm glad that everything is fixed now and that you can enjoy the software again.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Back