• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Change only english language text?

SMP

💖 Chevereto Fan
For example if i change the following text on home page in index file

Drag and drop anywhere you want and start uploading your images now. 8 MB limit. Direct image links, BBCode and HTML thumbnails.

the translation doesnt work for remaining languages...

so i want to change this to some random thing and keep the other translations as they are...

how can do so?

You should start by not touching the language declarations that can be found in _s, _n, _se and _ne functions. Those are actually the language keys to map so if you change that there won't be any translation in the table. Way to do this is by editing the .mo files and to edit the .mo files you must download the source .po files and then re-compile the whole thing. I know, is a pain in the ass.

I've noticed this limitations in the language functions long time ago and last week I've working in changing the system to .po translations and at this time I'm working in add language overrides that will allow to change few language strings without the need of touch the whole thing.

I will recommend you to wait a little bit because I'm still working in that stuff, in fact, I'm adding several improvements to the language system in Chevereto starting with a 50% faster language parser, language cache, available languages selection, on/off language chooser, etc. I'm really doing several nice improvements to all the language related functions so is better to wait a few days.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: SMP
Way to do this is by editing the .mo files and to edit the .mo files you must download the source .po files and then re-compile the whole thing. I know, is a pain in the ass.

I tried this but the problem was it needs to be done with every update and it not a workable solution.

If some one needs a converter for .po or .mo here you go

Code:
tools.konstruktors.com

Anyway... will wait. Thank you.

Back