• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Cannot run update script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

repvik

Chevereto Member
I've updated the files from 2.0.18 to 2.2.4, and I'm trying to start the update script. After entering the password, the page appears to do... nothing. The spinner moves, and I can see that it has created tables in the SQL database, but nothing is inserted into the DB.
There are about 4k images totalling around 3gb size, so I understand if an upgrade can take some time. But nothing appears to happen ;)

Send me site url and admin password using private conversation

Actually you can't even login, you get a 404 error when try to reach the json url.
First of all, enable mod_rewrite in your server please.

Yes:

apachectl -t -D DUMP_MODULES
Loaded Modules:
core_module (static)
log_config_module (static)
logio_module (static)
mpm_prefork_module (static)
http_module (static)
so_module (static)
alias_module (shared)
auth_basic_module (shared)
authn_file_module (shared)
authz_default_module (shared)
authz_groupfile_module (shared)
authz_host_module (shared)
authz_user_module (shared)
autoindex_module (shared)
cgi_module (shared)
deflate_module (shared)
dir_module (shared)
env_module (shared)
mime_module (shared)
negotiation_module (shared)
php5_module (shared)
reqtimeout_module (shared)
rewrite_module (shared)
setenvif_module (shared)
status_module (shared)
Syntax OK

mod_rewrite didn't get disabled when I replaced the chevereto files. It worked with 2.0.18, so it's clearly enabled, no?

If the /tos or /contact page doesn't load is because mod_rewrite isn't there. Either is disabled ot you remove the rewrites on the htaccess or you need to use rewritebsse.

Weird. mod_rewrite works now. I've upgraded, and it has processed all the images.
I see there is quite a few duplicates. Would it be possible to find and "merge" those images, so there's only one file but several urls for that image?

Actually those arent duplicates, because you cant tell if was the same person who uploaded it or not.

md5summing all previously uploaded images gives me 220 duplicates of 1900 total images. So more than 10% of the images have duplicates. That wastes a bit of space ;-)

There is no way to merge those images because you cant associate the with a ip or a user. This mean that this pictures perhaps have been uploaded by different persons so if you merge this images you will lose all the embeds and direct links. You could also just delete the records and keep the oldest ones.

By the way, since the issue is fixed the topic is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back