• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Cannot edit SMTP settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubmm

Chevereto Member
Hi -

Fresh 3.7.0 install. Trying to change mail from phpmail to SMTP. Enter mandrill smtp settings and hit save. Site becomes unresponsive. Even home page stops loading. Accessing a static file on the webserver still works, like site.com/readme.txt.

After about (what seems to be) 2 minutes, the site becomes responsive again and the email settings have not taken effect. This happens consistently with trying to update the email settings, and no where else (that is, I can admin the rest of the settings no problem).

Please help
Thanks

PS: Is there an error log I can go check?

You can enable debug mode 3 to log what's going on. https://chevereto.com/docs/debug

I use mandrillapp all the time and I think that issue could be related to how your server is communicating with mandrillapp because a lot of things can be going on like port block, a missing or faulty tls/ssl library, etc. There could be also just bad network between mandril and your server.

Last edited:
It may be hostgator blocking 587 outbound which I could verify if I could see the error.

I enabled debug mode 3. Still, the site hangs when trying to update the smtp settings and no errors appeared on the screen.

Where is the output log file located?

You need to check the server error_log file, and the system also shows the full raw message in the dashboard. Problem is that your server hangs so the error is never displayed and that's why you need to check the error_log file, for both php and the http server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back