• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Can the Chevereto host 250k images?

AlphaHappy

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I'm planning to launch online my pics collection with about 250k jpegs

1) Could I upload it in one zip file to Chevereto ?
2) Do the Chevereto host 250k images?
I mean how it will host images - if it put them to one directory it' will be very long time to read them for every user access to the gallery.

Thank You.

Hi,

1. Nope, you can't it only host images. Do you ask this to backup your images? It can be done using SSH unzip command, FTP to upload the zip and doing a quick workaround.
2. Well, in the demo I have 90K images and I know about a few sites with way more than 400k images. It's not a script limitation because is something limited by your machine. And, there is no gallery in v2 (it will be featured in v3).

If you have any other question don't hesitate to ask me.

Thank you for the quick reply!
What the file storage structure using the Chevereto?
Now I'm using old scrip what stores 250k images at one directory so every time user opens the gallery the script scan whole directory what dump my server.

Can I see the demo site with 90k images?

It has two structures: /folder and /date/folder/with/year/month/day
Which are selectable and the workaround that I told you earlier will let you se the /images folder for the old files and the /datefolder from now on, or just stick to the /images folder.

The demo is here: http://demo.chevereto.com/admin

Back