• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

(c) is not valid copyright

Piers

Founder licence
I have seen a lot of Chevereto sites using '(c)' for the copyright symbol; this is not valid. I have worked with brand protection in the past.

The only valid international copyright format are:

Copyright © 2011 Name

OR

© 2011 Name

OR

Name © 2011

To replace the (c) with © just edit your footer.php and insert:

Thought this might be useful to know for the many of you starting up a large image hosting site (or even a small one).

That's fine if you don't run your site as a business and have no regard for copyright.

rain said:
Putting a copyright tag doesnt do much since we are on the internet.

The fact that we are in the internet doesn't means that all the people can wipe their assess with other people work. I mean, is ok that people steal others work (music, programs, apps) just because we are in the Internet?

Rodolfo said:
rain said:
Putting a copyright tag doesnt do much since we are on the internet.

The fact that we are in the internet doesn't means that all the people can wipe their assess with other people work. I mean, is ok that people steal others work (music, programs, apps) just because we are in the Internet?

I'm not saying I'm ok with this, just saying it won't do much. If someone wanna get something off your website, there are billions ways to do it. That's not a tiny tag or a right click disabler that will protect you.

I don't think you quite understand how copyright works. Copyright is not a copy-protection system, it is a declaration of ownership. It is a legally binding declaration which means that if someone does copy your work, you have grounds to start legal proceedings in most courts around the world.

Back