• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Bulk upload photos

emits

Chevereto Member
Hello,

I have 180 thousand photos from the old hosting pictures, is there a simple way to upload these photos to the latest version Chevereto (3.3.2) ?

All photos are in one folder, copy this folder to the server and then what?

Regards: E

Last edited:
There is a workaround for that.

Chevereto 1.X to 2.X update can add those files to the database by running a simple script. It will take a lot of time but it will do the job. So you will fool this updater because you won't install Chevereto 1.X at all but you will have your images at /images folder. Then you files will be added to 2.X and then you can update 2.X to 3.x.

Just download last 2.X release and check the update information and requirements, then download last 3.X release and to the same.

Cheers.

Thank you for your prompt response.
Thread gets complicated when on the current version of the script I have already users, pictures and albums?
- but stricte, the fact that it's not about re-Linked photos but with the issues to build a a large database photos for marketing purposes .. but I can not downplay the issue.

From 1.X to 2.X the system will create a 2.X database and then add those images to it. It will also move the old images to images/old and it will add an .htaccess rule to keep the old links working. Then from 2.X to 3.X the system indeed do everything from scratch but... Chevereto 2.X table.chv_images is pretty similar to Chevereto 3.X table.chv_images and you can even run the query from the command line or MySQL, you actually don't need to run the upgrade tool.

As a matter of fact the thing is just inject content to a website isn't? In that case my recommendation is that you should took the code of the 1.X to 2.X upgrade and craft your own script to do the job. As you may see the source is pretty clear, I just did a directory iteration over the image files and one by one I add those to the 2.X database. For 3.X is the same logic, iterate a directory then inject those content to the existing installation.

To be honest I can add an importer like that but that will be several releases later because it not in the immediate priorities list.

I prefer to wait for the importer to you because it will be in use a few times. Are you sure you perform faster and better because you know your system.

Back