• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

Bulk importer, parsing as user and album

Status
Not open for further replies.

jean-loup

Chevereto Member
Good day!

I need help regarding the path for bulk importer.

I have Chevereto installed on a QNAP home server. I would like to "bulk" import images placed on the public folder of my QNAP

A path working perfectly is for instance is: /share/MD0_DATA/Public/allpics/...

All these images are imported as guest user. It works

But if I want these images to be attributed to a particular user, let's say <tom> and in a album <watches> for instance, should I create a <tom> folder on the QNAP Public share, then a <watches> sub-folder in order to have this path:

/share/MD0_DATA/Public/tom/watches/

because it never works and the pics are always imported as guest user

I don't understand if /<username>/<album>/ have to be the 2 first levels of the path, or if they are the 2 last folders before the images to be imported like on my last path example...

Can you please help on the process?

Thank you in advance

Jean-Loup

Hi Jean,

When you add a Bulk Importer task, the system will ask how the sub-folders should be handled. These can be:

Top level folders as users
Top level folders get parsed as users, identified by the username. Any content inside the user folder gets bound to the user. Second level folders get parsed as user albums. Directory structure: /<username>/<album>/filename.jpg

In this case /tom is handled as a user folder, and anything inside will get bound to this user (images or /albums).

That should word for:
/tom/album1
/tom/album2
/bill/albumX

Subfolders beyond <user>/<path>/<like this> will be ignored, and the images will be added to the parent album.

Top level folders as albums
Top level folders get parsed as guest albums. Any image inside the album folder gets bound to the alleged album. Directory structure: /<album>/filename.jpg

In this case /tom is handled as a guest album, contents inside this folder are handled as images that belongs to this guest album.

Thank you... I'm not an IT and I'm getting nuts ;-) Can we take please a path with the example above? The principle is understood I think but I can't apply it...

I have tried these possibilities, with the user jlr and the album Watches:

/share/MD0_DATA/Public/jlr/Watches ==> guest user
/share/MD0_DATA/Public/chevereto/jlr/Watches ==> guest user

I tried to create a folder directly on the root folder of the site and entered

bulk/jlr/Watches ==>still guest user

Same for jlr/Watches only (with of course the issue of the profile since the folder has the same name)

Ideally I have thousands of pics I wold like to put on my Public share before making a bulk importation but what kind of path should I enter considering the path to Public foler is /share/MD0_DATA/Public ?

Should I create a "jlr" share on my QNAP ? but I would still have /share/MD0_DATA/jlr has path

Sorry to be a pain... thank you for your time

JL

When you add a import job, you get prompt with this:

1544991590036.png

In that form you tell the parser how you want to handle the directory structure. If you are setting the parser OK and the thing still don't create users then the problem could be a bug triggered by settings like disable signups (which I'm just guessing because I don't know your custom settings).

Please note that you have to provide the root path for the importing task. For example, lets say that /usr/import/ contains all what I want to import. The structure should be:

/usr/import
/usr/import/USERNAME/ALBUM
/usr/import/ANOTHER USERNAME/ANOTHER ALBUM
etc.

In the Bulk Importer add form, you use /usr/import as path and "Parse top level folders as users (username)".

My guest is that you aren't doing something properly, but is really hard to narrow it down.

Dear Rodolfo,

Nothing to do in order to make it work. Do you think you would have time to have a look yourself?
I can send you the credentials to log in on my personal home server and see what is the issue?

I'm convinced to have found the perfect system to manage my private pictures (thousands) with your solution!
But the bulk importer with parsing has to work ;-)

Wish you a nice day

JL

I will send you a sample folder with users, albums and images. If that fails for you then the problem could be a bug in the system.

The bulk content importer is a new feature and we haven't tested every possible server setup out there.

I will get you the file in a couple hours.

/TEST structure

1545083279607.png

Added as "Top level as users"

Result:

1545083165927.png

Attached log, so you can see exactly how Chevereto parses these. The files here: https://chevereto.com/misc/temp/TEST.zip

Every import task writes a log. You can access to it by clicking the "actions" dropdown, and you will be able to see exactly how each path and file gets parsed. Maybe seeing that thing you can find the problem that you are experiencing.

Attachments

• process.txt
    23 KB · Views: 7
Got it Rodolfo :)

I haven't been very clever...
I always entered path like

/share/MD0_DATA/Public/TEST/jlr/Watches
where <jlr> is user and <watches> the album, instead of only
/share/MD0_DATA/Public/TEST

Of course pics were imported but user and album not..

Thank you very much for your patience...

JL

Hello Rodolfo
Last small question. You can't bulk import in an existing album right?
If I mention in the path the title of an existing album the system create a new one with exactly the same name correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back