• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Best server Configuration

Robinus

banned
What is the best configuration for little bit "huge" project with up to 5k images daily?

My server hardware which i would use for it would be this:
RAM: 48 GB
CPU: 1 x 12 Cores
DISK: 4 x 200 GB SSD
Link: 1 GBit/s-Port

The question is now, which OS should i use?
Debian or still CentOS?
Which configuration i should use for it?
(I have never worked with hosting projects, thats why i ask for the best recommended configuration)
Should i use only Apache, Apache & Nginx, or Nginx + fcgi, or anything else? Was thinking about Varnish and nginx on different ports as setup, and then to set up the caching for images.

Raid: 0 (zero)
Webserver: Nginx
Database: MySQL 5.6
PHP 5.5 fcgi + ZendOpcache

Using varnish for an image host will slow down you, Nginx is awesome for serving image and support a lot of requests.

You have a lot of paths that you can choose to make it happen. But there are some things that you must:
  • Nginx for static content (up to you if you want to add Apache to that)
  • APC or another type of cache.
  • PHP 5.4 (don't use PHP 5.5 still doesn't reach an efficient release)

Last edited:
Raid: 0 (zero)
Webserver: Nginx
Database: MySQL 5.6
PHP 5.5 fcgi + ZendOpcache

Using varnish for an image host will slow down you, Nginx is awesome for serving image and support a lot of requests.
Raid 0 is to risky, if something happen to one of the disks everything is gone, used raid 5 if you want more storage or raid 10 if you want to make sure nothing happen to your files

Fastest system setup would be nginx+apache fast cgi phpfm apc caching for php 5.4 and noooo varnish!!! Use Memcache because it is very efficient and also works great with CDN.. Memcache+nginx+cdn+external storage on a 2 gigram with 2 cores 1tb bandwidth can handle 1 milion visitors and 8-10 million page.image views for 10$ month for vps hosting. As for storage s3 amazon with cloudfront cdn for site and your S3 storage bucket another 10+15$ with thag setup. Cloudflare only security boost turned off. Regular database back up for another 5$ so for a very busy site about 50$-80$ a month ;) a bad setup will cost you hundreds when with a good configuration and optimization you can have a site that handles millions for under 100$ a month. Operating system Ubuntu 14.04 hosting for fastest vps Linode.com

Fastest system setup would be nginx+apache fast cgi phpfm apc caching for php 5.4 and noooo varnish!!! Use Memcache because it is very efficient and also works great with CDN.. Memcache+nginx+cdn+external storage on a 2 gigram with 2 cores 1tb bandwidth can handle 1 milion visitors and 8-10 million page.image views for 10$ month for vps hosting. As for storage s3 amazon with cloudfront cdn for site and your S3 storage bucket another 10+15$ with thag setup. Cloudflare only security boost turned off. Regular database back up for another 5$ so for a very busy site about 50$-80$ a month ;) a bad setup will cost you hundreds when with a good configuration and optimization you can have a site that handles millions for under 100$ a month. Operating system Ubuntu 14.04 hosting for fastest vps Linode.com

You mean using linode $20 per month, I can also use amazon s3 and cloudfront for extra storage and bandwidth? my question is can we use these both services at a time linode and amazon ?

You mean using linode $20 per month, I can also use amazon s3 and cloudfront for extra storage and bandwidth? my question is can we use these both services at a time linode and amazon ?
Of course. Linode is simply a server for the webhosting. Set up the hosting and get it to run. You then use S3 to host the images.

Think of it as pie. Linode will be the crust and S3 will be the stuffing.

You have a lot of paths that you can choose to make it happen. But there are some things that you must:
  • Nginx for static content (up to you if you want to add Apache to that)
  • APC or another type of cache.
  • PHP 5.4 (don't use PHP 5.5 still doesn't reach an efficient release)
You mention dont use php5.5 or php 5.6 it seems its been out for over a year they have built in and enabled zend-opcode cache which is APC prettymuch, whenever i switch to php 5.6 or 5.5 the script seems to be faster right of the start they report a 33% speed increase in php 5.6 and 30% on php 5.5

PHP 5.5. and PHP 5.6 are not yet production safe, which in other words means that PHP 5.4 is safer to run a production website. When I say safer I'm not talking about security, I'm talking about compatibility. You have to understand that PHP has a huge set of built in libraries, APIs, sub-systems, etc. You don't want to deal with conflicts that appears when they change something in 5.6 and a know bug (like the gd library issue few months ago) affects your website and you need to manually patch every conflicting library.

Back