• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Benefits?

Drifter

Chevereto Member
I am wondering what benefits, if any, having Chevereto provides when Gallery is installed in IPB or Media is installed on Xenforo. In some ways i seems redundant yet I do like how Chevereto is laid out. I have the free version installed and am testing it and like its features. I am just thinking it might be a revision of features that already exist in the forum software.

If you run a forum or any kind of website, having your content in another "place" will always get you a more optimized solution for that need. In this case, image uploading, sharing and delivery. Since this support external storages and it is build for image sharing, it is just go to the next level in that matter.

Some reasons why:
  • Fine tune upload, listing, bans and all the image uploading related stuff
  • Bulk manage the content with ease
  • Support for multiple storage servers which leverages the load of your website
  • There's a plugin that will allow users to upload and insert the images directly in the post editor
  • Provide value to your users (more options, an UI made for image sharing, etc.)
  • You can monetize it with several banner placement options
👍

Is this plugin only in the paid version? I have attempted to test it on both forum software but I can't seem to make it work. I have changed the url as needed for my own sites.

The plugin is available in both editions, you can find the instructions at /plugin

I do understand this but not sure where to add it.

Sorry, can't edit the previous post but I did get it to work after going though the forums here looking for a solution. I am still looking for the IPB method but I can figure it out. I am still debating if this will provide anything additional for me in a paid version but am grateful that I have been able to work with the free version. I think in time this will take over my image portion. Just don't know what can be done as yet. I do appreciate all the effort you have put into thies, even the free, version, as it does many things wonderfully.

Don't worry, you can easy upgrade to paid edition anytime 👍. The free package is the best way to get started, upgrade only if you need to.

So, It's coming on about 2 years. I wanted to thank you for what you have created here and decided that even if I don't end up with a hosting site that I give away free bandwidth and such to others that never contribute; This is something the online community needs. That and I will use it for myself anyways so worth the investment.

I purchased the network license and am wondering if I have to do anything special to the free installation I have had installed already. I've no looked yet for a license key is needed or anything but besides that I assume the software / code is the same?

You should upgrade your free installation to paid, it has way more features and the code is newer. Free edition code is an snapshot of about two years ago.

The process is basically overwrite the system files. Easy as that... You can also click the upgrade button in the dashboard, which automate the process.

Let me know if you have any issues.

I think I am all set. Seemed to go well on the update process. I need a water mark for images. Need to research that a bit as I don't need anything fancy at this point. Just something that gives the hosting site a bit of credit for doing so.

Dashboard, Settings, Image upload. Sadly it won't affect existing uploads, just new images. Try using a png logo for better results.

Back