• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Backlinks on Hotlinking images

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPGT

Chevereto Member
sorry if this is already implemented or is in the pipeline but if you refer to images hosted by imgur, ie...on forums or blogs, the hotlinked images contained a backlink which says "Hosted by imgur.com blah blah" under that image. I think this will be a cool feature which should aid in the aspect of SEO because basically hotlinking is a wastage to our bandwidth so if we can't monetize it, we take advantage of it.

Yes, is being reviewed. You mean a text in the thumbnail right?

yeah... the text must be a live link back to a url in order to be effective for SEO. Preferably a do-follow link but most sites override it with a no-follow link.

So a text link? That can be done tweaking the template files. I was talking about add a text directly on the image like imageshack.

Regarding the live link, you should read this http://chevereto.com/docs#!template-tags-arguments as you may notice, the template tags can have a template argumen where you can fully customize the desired output. In 2.X this customization needs to be done in each template tag call but in 3.0 that will be way more easy with just one edit.

Another example of what GPGT is saying is postimage.org. The output for upload images looks like this (notice the text below the images - additionally, the text sometimes changes to "image hosting","photo sharing", etc.):

free photo hosting

Yes, that can de done with the current script you only need to tweak the template tag.

thanks to imgius, thats was what I am referring to and I am glad it can be done via tweaking the template tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back