• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Arvixe Issues

erotech

Chevereto Member
Dear Chevereto,

Having recently purchased your bundle where you purchase a years hosting with Arvixe...

I know you are not responsible for any issues at Arvixe...

Having been with them less that 24 hours and my server, many others and their own websites are up and down like a yo-yo, do you have a contingency plan for those who will be left with no option but to cancel their hosting subscription?

I am reading lots of things regarding the demise of Arvixe and it would appear that there are some serious issues there, of course i cannot confirm this but it would appear to be substantiated by my experience with them so far.

Should it become impractical for Cheverto Arvixe bundle customers to stay with Arvixe then will you be offering any discounts for customer who have no choice but to cancel their hosting account, find a new host and purchase a new licence?

Just thinking ahead.

Kind regards,

Daz

The bundle that we offer comes tied with a license and if the hosting doesn't meet your needs you have 60 days money back guarantee. You should take that and purchase one of the Chevereto's stand-alone licenses.

Since Chevereto is involved in this, I can offer 20% discount for those who within the 60 day period since the original purchase cancel the bundle and want to purchase a stand-alone license.

Yesterday I had a glitch in cheetah server and all my site went down (502 bad gateway). When i try to contact arvixe support over chat it says i need to wait for a longer period to get support over chat . how pathetic support ? then i created a support ticket yesterday morning but after few hours my sites back online and i got reply from yesterday night. Arvixe support is pathetic,should improve support to customers.

I also face downtime of my site 3m to 5m for 2-3 times in a day, this month (1- 25 October 2015) my site was down for 7hr 39m & up-time is 98.7 according to pingdom report.

Last edited:
It is really sad to read about this but I'm sure that Arvixe staff is trying to fix the issues asap. You can also ping @greggarvixe to make things smother, he always have been a great help in these cases.

again and again server issues.downtime @greggarvixe could you make your support team more efficient bcos i wouldn't get enough support from them when in an essential case. and today my sites went down 4 times.. and i didn't get the exact support from them.Everyone is junior and they don't even replicate what the issue is and they just telling not related with my issues. :p

i'm loosing my control over your server. before i got a big issues on your sever and i moved to your new server and again lots of issues with your server again and again. fed up with this .. @greggarvixe

I hate to say this, but Arvixe is the worst hosting provider I have ever seen. I had to move my site out of Arvixe within 2 weeks. They put hard limits like 10GB bandwidth per day and 100GB per month. If the limit is exceed site will be slowed to 10mb/s and shortly to 1mb/s. My site is down at least 5 times a month and each time it takes days for them to resolve it.

Now I just use arvixe hosting to host small sites and retain my Chevereto license. I have ran Chevereto on Hostgator and even on Godaddy without any issues.

more than 20 times server down today and this can't tolerate anymore no response for my tickets on their support. what should i do? @greggarvixe @Rodolfo is there any problem for my chevereto license if i moved to any other server?

Support ticket created for 3 different issues and no reply yet from their support since 3 days. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry to read about those, but Arvixe issues are not handled by me so I can barely help here. The only thing that I can do is forward this to Arvixe, which I already did.

So today my site was down for 4h 56m, i saw HTTP Error 403 Forbidden when i access to my site. This month my site was down for 13h 3m according to pingdom report. Don't know why it's happening?

So today my site was down for 4h 56m, i saw HTTP Error 403 Forbidden when i access to my site. This month my site was down for 13h 3m according to pingdom report. Don't know why it's happening?
damn. the worst ever support..........

A few years ago I used the Piwik hosting offer ... terrible ... Site almost down, SQL errors, and much more. After the first support request, they changed a little bit and website runs again ... but just for a few hours ... after them all support messages are ignored ... Seems that into the last years nothing has changed and they are still one of the worlds worst hosting company ...

I don't know why companies make offers like this - cheap hosting will not work. Yes, with cheap offers you get a lot of new customers, but when the projects down all the time, the customers will leave ... so - nobody wins ...

But it should be clear for everybody, that you could not get good hosting for just a few bucks - maybe it will work for a few HTML pages but not for projects like Chevereto, Piwik, Wordpress or similar with more then 2 visitors per day ...

cheap hosting will not work

The most common problem for Chevereto is the image delivery and that isn't handled by Chevereto. The script (Chevereto) isn't in the layer which is responsible for image delivery, in this case, the trigger of these problems are Apache or nginx. There is also MySQL issues due to the concurrent queries and that is basic, you can't expect to run a huge website in a basic hosting package. That said, anyone who wants a imgur replacement should think in external storage, CDN, etc. All those features are included in Chevereto but not everybody uses that, those helps a lot to improve even the smallest hosting package.

Is understood that if you get a $4/mo host that it won't be the same as a $400/mo host but the point here is to test the company being tied to the license. So if you liked the bundled hosting or not doesn't depends that much in the package being offered but how was your relationship with that company. At Arvixe I always had a VPS which was top notch with no issues, obviously that chevereto.com is a large website and it needs at least a VPS to run, but someone who start in this maybe needs to try things out and maybe upgrade the server later on.

You will be happy to know that our my new sponsor, InMotion Hosting, extended the Network bundle to Bussiness, VPS, Dedicated and Reseller hosting classes. That should fix the gap for those who know which kind of website they will run and how big it will be.

The most common problem for Chevereto is the image delivery and that isn't handled by Chevereto. The script (Chevereto) isn't in the layer which is responsible for image delivery, in this case, the trigger of these problems are Apache or nginx.

Within the first week itself I understood that Arvixe cannot handle Chevereto. They have configured in such a away that you can't use more than 10GB bandwidth per day. For Arvixe its not just there servers, but their overall service is pathetic. For most of the issue are Arvixe I simply escalate and ask them to migrate my account to another server. Its better this way than wait days when site is offline. Another problem is their support desk, they don't understand what we say. Technical skills are very low. I even doubt whether they have any access to the server at all. I had to escalate to Q&A every time. Sometime I found the issue and had to tell them how to resolve it.

When my Chevereto image hosting was growing I used to host in Godaddy. Didn't noticed any issue and I used almost 100GB space and lots of bandwidth. I was also on hostgator for a while was rock solid and able to handle tons of GB without any raise in resource usage. (This is the area were I hate Arvixe. They show 512MB RAM which ran out when just 5 users open the site and also high CPU). As my site has now out grown, I now use a small dedicated server from kimsufi(OVH).

I have never used InMotion Hosting, but hope its for the best.

Back