• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

APIv1 (basic) per user support

SlowShip

Chevereto Member
Since ShareX is officially supporting Chevereto, and APIv2 seems to be a long way to go. Would it be too hard to give user an ability to create an API key from their user panel and have that API key tied that to their account automatically?

I know Chevereto can tie the API to a specific account but it has to be done so manually, so it would be great if you can make something like that happens without putting too much burden on the roadmap.

API v2 needs more methods than API v1 which only uploads images. I'm won't add just the per user upload method to use ShareX or any other uploader because that isn't the goal of the API which is to provide an endpoint to perform all the website actions, suitable for all kind of applications not just an uploader.

I sorry to have confused you with ShareX and its limited capability. So to make it clear, I agree that API is not just upload, but for all other actions, such as deleting, managing, and the likes.

However, the lacks of "per user" api make it much less useful than it would be. For example, API let the user to change the name and description of a single image file. However, the user should be able to so for his/her files only.

So, let me rephrase the question: Since Chevereto can already assign API key to specific account, albeit, it has to be done manually and only upload action is possible at this time. Would you consider make it so that user can create an API key from their account and have Chevereto tied it to their account automatically?

Back