• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Album metadata.json - private_but_link - Get an error "Metadata error: Type array provided, expected string for password"

newmissions

Chevereto Member
Not sure if this is my misunderstanding or a bug.

The sample album metadata.json copied from https://v3-docs.chevereto.com/features/content/bulk-content-importer.html#metadata imports fine.
{
"albumData": {
"title": "Guns",
"description": "Guns should be banned.",
"access": "private",
"privacy": {
"type": "password",
"password": "12345"
}
}
}

Trying to switch it to private_but_link privacy. Replaced the "privacy" tag with the example from that same docs url:
"type": "private_but_link"
}

Then I get the error:

1638998195 - [Thread #0] Path handle /var/www/html/importing/parse-users/nmadmin/C06650 is not locked, about to create DB lock for it
1638998195 - [Thread #0] DB lock inserted (86), about to parse directory as album
1638998195 - [Thread #0] /var/www/html/importing/parse-users/nmadmin/C06650/metadata.json readed
1638998195 - [Thread #0] Metadata error: Type array provided, expected string for password
1638998195 - [Thread #0] About to get import lock for album at /var/www/html/importing/parse-users/nmadmin/C06650

I've looked at the sample github demo-importing, but couldn't find one with private_but_link.
Attached is the actual album metadata.json. (with .txt added as the extension so I could attach to this message)

Thank you,
Seth

Attachments

• metadata - .json.txt
    210 bytes · Views: 0
I think this is either my misunderstanding, or ambiguity in the documentation.
I added a password to the json and it's working.
{
"albumData": {
"title": "C09806",
"description": "C04906 Yvenson - Haiti",
"access": "private",
"type": "private_but_link",
"password": "hispaniola"
}
}
}

It makes sense, but I was expecting to just be able to copy and paste the prive_but_link sample from the docs.

ALSO

I bumped into another issue that was addressed in the documentation.
The json files need to be UTF-8 (or presumably plain ascii)
I'm exporting the images and making json files via Microsoft Access, and it was writing UTF-16 text/json files.
That was causing the errors I've been seeing where the json looks fine in notepad, but Chevereto says it doesn't include the imagadata tag.

Thanks,
Seth

Hi Seth, thank you for reporting this.

Regarding the issue with private_but_link, I've opened an issue to investigate this further. Fortunately you found a workaround, but this should work properly.

Regarding the data charset, it should be UTF-8 and the database supports utf8mb4 (emojis) so for the best experience try to use UTF-8. I'm pushing a documentation change to address this conflict.

I think that I can close this issue now, feel free to open a new ticket or bug report if you find anything else.

Cheers,
Rodolfo.

Back