• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

After upgrading from V3 to V4 changing words in language files not work

Version
PHP version
Database driver
MySQL
Database version
Web browser
Mozilla,Chrome

friv

Chevereto Member
Hello folks

I have a problem for very long time after upgrade from V3 to V4.

Somehow when i go to change some word in language files example en.po there is no affect at all,example on home page.

Did somebody have same issue to we can discuss about that? Thanks

are you runing any cache on the web server or through any CDN service? since then you need to flush that cache to get new changes.
Thanks for replay.
My website is connected with Cloudflare free version, and i have flushed cache already,but without results. Can you tell me did i need to install some cache extension or to type something in Putty maybe,some command?

Thanks

Last edited:
Is there anyone else who have this problem? Please this is urgent,i am losing visitors to my website so fast. I am in a very desperate state

Last edited:
Even I face the similar issues (I do not use any caching services). I have edited the contact page, but it is still not reflecting. Not sure whether @Rodolfo introduced any caching mechanism with V4, which we need to purge.

maybe it could be due to overide folder? make sure you don't have copy of language folder inside overide folder. Since then editing original files in language folder outside overide folder will not take effect. until you remove one in overide folder or copy one you edited over overide one.

maybe it could be due to overide folder? make sure you don't have copy of language folder inside overide folder. Since then editing original files in language folder outside overide folder will not take effect. until you remove one in overide folder or copy one you edited over overide one.
In version V3 overide folder was work normal without a problem. Example in V3 version in overide folder if i change some word then will be automatically displayed example on home page as changed word. Now, as you said i erase overide folder and change some word in language folder,but no affect at all.

Conclusion: There is no effect in language folder by default, or in overide folder at all. No affect in changing the words.

Thank you for replay.

When i paste this app/bin/legacy -C langs in terminal i see some error there with permissions.
This error is not thrown by the standard stack:

Code:
warn [php] safelock: Failed to create a lockfile /etc/userdatadomains.lock-38d170e61cbe4-ea765dal-bae2' in the directory '/etc' that isn't writable: Permission denied

This seems to be a cPanel related issue.

Back