• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Admin Panel \ Monitor images

s-f-r-j

Chevereto Member
Hello,

Any ETA on Admin panel so we can monitor uploaded pictures?

This way we don't have any info on who uploaded picture, if pictures are being uploaded that are against TOS etc?

Regards

Admin panel is scheduled for 3.0
The thing that is planed for 2.1 is a file manager. I want to release that this mont but I can't. I have lost a lot of time dealing with some scam users... You know, people who buy, download and then go to paypal and claim their money back and also their leak the script to warez forums... Is just awful, some guy even use google code to host the "nulled" release.

But anyway, the file manager will be a pretty useful thing but the true admin panel will come on 3.0 because that release will have all the database power that I need to do more killer things.

I hope that I can get a break from this paypal disputes and focus on the develop of the script, the next release will be most likely 2.1

Not really technically 'Nulled' this usually entails the code being 'Encoded' then 'Decoded' and Nullifying it to remove 'Callbacks' to host, since you don't do any of those. Kind of hard to keep it from being released as you're making it easy.

This is more considered as being "Leaked" at any rate, since you're using PayPal and it's a "Online Script" just put in the dispute resolution.

Intangible Item
Shipping: Other (Online Services)

You're more likely to win, in fact sometimes, PayPal has those words "FLAGGED" to Auto-Close on those words and you basically automatically win.

In the description, say something like;

This is for an online script that's done online therefore it's an intangible item and cannot be refunded.

Nop Cory, it doesn't work that way. Paypal protection is only for tangible goods, this is a issue that everyone that sells some script or digital content has to face. Paypal just don't protect this kind of sellers, period. And the thing is worse... There is no payment method that protects the seller of digital goods. Is quite simple... How do you can prof that someone download it? I mean I can be 100% sure of that but how can I prove that to paypal? They only protect the sales that have a dispatch order by a third party service like UPS.

You can read here if you don't believe me: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/seller_protection_faq And it's a paypal thing that works on every single digital good... So you haz the eazy way to defeatz the syztem.

And yep, nulled doesn't apply here but encript the script is also a bad practice because is obvious that a good product will be always get stolen in this way (yeah, I'm pretty realistic) just look invision an vbulletin, boy... Even when I was a lot more younger I use a nulled release of IPB. So the deal is pretty simple.. When you pay for Chevereto you are paying for the instant access to releases and for the support. Since there is no way of cloning me you can't stole my knowledge!

The deal with paypal is that I have to ban clients, remove their access, etc. Also fix my books... It's like I come home and I have to spent a little time on this. Not big deal, but on the weekdays every little time counts.

So that is... This weekend I will do my best to start the develop of the file manager and also a new function that you will love and that I wont tell until is launched, it's a little surprise.

Regards ;)

Rodolfo said:
So that is... This weekend I will do my best to start the develop of the file manager and also a new function that you will love and that I wont tell until is launched, it's a little surprise.

Regards ;)

You are mean :(

I want to know it :p

Rodolfo said:
Nop Cory, it doesn't work that way. Paypal protection is only for tangible goods, this is a issue that everyone that sells some script or digital content has to face. Paypal just don't protect this kind of sellers, period. And the thing is worse... There is no payment method that protects the seller of digital goods. Is quite simple... How do you can prof that someone download it? I mean I can be 100% sure of that but how can I prove that to paypal? They only protect the sales that have a dispatch order by a third party service like UPS.

You can read here if you don't believe me: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/seller_protection_faq And it's a paypal thing that works on every single digital good... So you haz the eazy way to defeatz the syztem.

And yep, nulled doesn't apply here but encript the script is also a bad practice because is obvious that a good product will be always get stolen in this way (yeah, I'm pretty realistic) just look invision an vbulletin, boy... Even when I was a lot more younger I use a nulled release of IPB. So the deal is pretty simple.. When you pay for Chevereto you are paying for the instant access to releases and for the support. Since there is no way of cloning me you can't stole my knowledge!

The deal with paypal is that I have to ban clients, remove their access, etc. Also fix my books... It's like I come home and I have to spent a little time on this. Not big deal, but on the weekdays every little time counts.

Regards ;)

Your wrong, I've sold scripts - It's consider an "Online Service" therefore it's an Intangible Item, you win they loose, I've never lost a PayPal case in regards to selling online services as to scripts and web hosting.

So, yes actually it does work that way.

When was the last way that you sell a script? Are you saying that the paypal FAQ is wrong? I have knowledge that the protection from digital goods was removed, in the past you have what you are telling to me. Anyway, the complain is "Unauthorized payment". I think that paypal expects good will and that if someone steal a CC, make an "accidental" payment and etc you as a seller do the right thing in paypal eyes, so they can be watched as the good guys to the buyers.

Anyway, the dispute win/loose also depends on the complain and the exact words from the buyer. And to be more especific, the Paypal general protection only works for USA accounts and even so it doesn't cover digital goods.

Just to let you know.

Not necessarily wrong, just need to know how to work the PayPal dispute resolution.

and "Unauthorized Payments" I have won against in the same regard.

another thing is simple, If you have a "Terms of Service" with a "Return Policy" being Non-Refundable, then they usually automatically favor you.

If you don't have one, make one place it on the website and when replying into the description just say that and provide a direct link.

anyhow, the altercation win/apart aswell depends on the accuse and the exact words from the client. And to be added especific, the Paypal accepted aegis alone works for USA accounts and even so it doesn't awning agenda appurtenances.

What? Are you using google translate or something? I can barely understand you

cant you bundle it on a CD and mail it and get around chargebacks? I bought it today.. the script looks amazing.. and was just what I needed.

no offence but cant you people read ? Rodolfo already stated that admin panel is comming in 3.0
we are not even in 2.1 yet ;) so sit back and relax.

Take into account that the most important part of the admin panel is the file manager... I mean, is by far the most demanding function of the future admin panel and that is why I'm so focused on that (look for the screen shots on the client area) and I just can say you that I'm doing my best to release that soon, it looks stunning.

By the way, that part of the project is believe or not, is more difficult than the uploader and the other stuffs, it's a ton of ultra optimized js.

So, please be patient, I'm not a moron that releases functions to have a huge list of things and it's code is a crap, I always try to make the best things and this filemanager it's going to be something big.

Rodolfo said:
Take into account that the most important part of the admin panel is the file manager... I mean, is by far the most demanding function of the future admin panel and that is why I'm so focused on that (look for the screen shots on the client area) and I just can say you that I'm doing my best to release that soon, it looks stunning.

By the way, that part of the project is believe or not, is more difficult than the uploader and the other stuffs, it's a ton of ultra optimized js.

So, please be patient, I'm not a moron that releases functions to have a huge list of things and it's code is a crap, I always try to make the best things and this filemanager it's going to be something big.

I like that sound of that Rodolfo :D

I can certainly wait then.

Back