• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.
  • Chevereto Support CLST

Support response

Support checklist

• ⚠️ Got a Something went wrong message? Read this guide and provide the actual error. Do not skip this.
    • ✅ Confirm that the server meets the System Requirements
    • 🔥 Check for any available Hotfix - your issue could be already reported/fixed
    • 📚 Read documentation - It will be required to Debug and understand Errors for a faster support response

Adding Additional Fields

akchev

Chevereto Member
Hi Adolfo;

I would like to add the following fields to my Chevereto installation and would appreciate if you could guide me with how I could accomplish this.

- Date of Birth
- City
- State
- Country
I would like all fields to be required during the registration process and shown/editable in the users settings menu in case they need to make an update.

*Although some of these additional fields (such as Gender) seem like I am asking for personal customization; I believe requesting such information such as Date of Birth and Country is required by law in my country (USA) for such public/automated profiles and scripts.

To break things down; #1 you must be a minimum age to have public profiles with images available for the world to view. #2 certain images and/or content is not allowed (for the public to see) if you reside in certain counties and/or states. #3 you must be at least 18 years old for a majority of any content to be public.

**Almost all legitimate sites require such information to follow such rules and/or laws. Some do the bare minimum to ensure a larger user base by eliminating all liabilities (... with the use of "fine print") in their "Terms of Use" and "Terms of Service" - however, not all of us have thousands of dollars to fork over to an attorney to write up such a sleezy TOS to dodge lawsuits that they are guaranteed to encounter.

That said; such features are on most regular/social sites that include public photos. But for a public image hosting site with user profiles? I personally think this is a must.

Now... most people won't want this nor care. How about implementing this and allowing the Admin to enable/disable such extended fields?

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Last edited:
A) Create an auxiliar table like chv_user_fields with fields like user_field_id, user_field_user_id, user_field_dob, user_field_city, etc.
B) Add custom fields to the default chv_user table like user_myfield_dob, user_myfield_city, etc.

For both alternatives you will need to create a route.settings.php override to handle the user submit values. You will also need to customize the views/settings.php theme file.

Both alternatives works very similar but in A you will need to add a join to include your custom fields for user class and any class that fetch data from the chv_users table. A is more clean than B but all those joins could be annoying at some point.

Key point for you is that the CHV\User::get functions should return something that you can use like $user['field_dob'] and auxiliar indexes like $user['age'] (which must be injected by PHP), so you can use those when doing things like get_user() or get_image()['user']

I may be able to accomplish 5% of this on my own. However, I am super appreciative! I will pass this along to someone I know who understands so he should be able to implement what you replied with.

Thank you very much for your time/support.

Back