• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

Access to original files without watermark

mahfa

Chevereto Member
hi Rodolfo and thanks for such a nice script u created,

I newly notice that we lose "original" photo uploaded to our website when watermark option enabled. all 3 versions (big, md and thumb) generated in image folder include watermark (!). even users can't download their own photos without watermark!

please please please, keep original files and give 'admin' the ability of access to all original image (original quality without watermark) and 'users' to their own photos without watermark.

thanks a lot,

That's the point of the watermark, to mark the images.

what's exactly the point of watermark? mark images on 'front-end' for whom don't have 'permission' to access the original file, not for photo owner or website admin,
I think it's 'wired' and not professional that a user does not have access even to their own image without watermark (!)
my suggestion is keep original file or at least a version without watermark (alongside 3 other versions)
otherwise is make watermark useless

we love watermark, but we love an original file more

If you don't want a real watermark then use a css watermark. Watermarks have been always altered the original image, that's the point... To change the file and place a watermark there.

At this time I won't consider this suggestion.

Last edited:
you said: "Watermarks have been always altered the original image" -> the result is missing original file
I say: "Watermarks have been always altered a copy of original image" -> the result is keeping original file (none-watermarked version) alongside watermarked version.

i saw in some thread (1) that the ability of sell and buy photo is on your roadmap, so i dont know if someone ready to pay for watermarked image while none-watermarked version of image doesn't exist at all !
(1) https://chevereto.com/community/threads/buy-image-donate-author.6077/#post-33305

anyway, thank you rodolfo for ur reply
but I'm not convinced,

plus that chevereto watermark system affect even thumbnail size and in my opinion, it's a big problem too. i create a thread (2) for this, but I received no response from you,
(2) https://chevereto.com/community/threads/no-watermark-on-thumbnails.7424/

If more people want to this I will consider it, otherwise it will remain out of scope.

I only see this as being valid if each user can input their own watermark. Otherwise, I'm not finding a huge point until monetization comes. For instance. Certain account levels get unwatermarked images, etc.

i saw in some thread (1) that the ability of sell and buy photo is on your roadmap, so i dont know if someone ready to pay for watermarked image while none-watermarked version of image doesn't exist at all !

Sure, but that doesn't mean that I will add this watermark functionality before the buy/sell stuff.

plus that chevereto watermark system affect even thumbnail size and in my opinion, it's a big problem too. i create a thread (2) for this, but I received no response from you,
(2)

I've already accepted that suggestion.

Hi All,
I am new here and very interested in this platform.
What's being discussed here is exactly the type of thing I am interested in.
  • Monetization of image sales with two options/prices for each size and with watermark and without watermark.
  • Security measures / unique identifier on watermark free images if technically possible? So that that they are searchable and discoverable on the net
  • Option for site admin to set default fields like alt tags and description and watermarking protection, with the membership subscription level determining the possibility to override.
  • flexibility for the site admin to monetize the site in various ways and decent automization of payment process to reduce admin burden.
  • As others have suggested community reporting tools for copyright infringment.
Apologies if I am way off with anything just so pleased to find this platform and also see the developer engaged, can I ask if there is a date yet for version 4?

thanks

can I ask if there is a date yet for version 4?

Version 4 will begin development after Quickty 1.0 launch, which means that Chevereto 4 development won't start until the end of this year. I'm aware that several stuff is needed and I can't wait to start working on it.

Back