• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

about resellerclub cloud

hshamy

Chevereto Member
hi guys
i have 2 choise to start my site ...
1- managed vps >> 10$ Monthly (50 GB disk 2G ram 2cpu - kvm )
2- use resellerclub cloud hosting for my script and add external storage from time4vps or online.net

i ask resellerclub about if i can do that , they told me i can host my chevereto script without storage any images ...
they have cloud hosting with 2g ram and 2cpu ....

what you think the best for start ??
thanks

Hey @hshamy

Welcome to the club!

MY only recommendation based on own experience; start with external storage from day 1. It makes managing everything so much easier when you need to upgrade/move servers.

thank you @tomsit
so do you think resellerclub cloud hosting will be good ? they told me i can add ram and cpu any time i need

NP, resellerclub has mixed reviews - but for a startup you should be fine. It's no problem moving to a different host when you have everything setup and are seeing more traffic. (just ask here for advice when you get there)

Actually I was a reseller for them way back and my experience is mostly good. I don't know nowdays, but one thing is for sure, they are not shutting down business anytime soon.

I personally use Vultr.com and for us with small sites they run perfectly.

for me, i wish to start with Vultr but its unmanaged vps ..i can setup my site , but i just afraid about security and hackers
so , i was serch for another way ..

can i start my site with some thing like that
https://prnt.sc/hxqoor
it will be just until i find good place ??
i will use external storage with it ,,, but i dont know what namber of visitors can dell with that plan ..

thank you

Chevereto is very well optimized so that should do it for a while. Trust me, its going to take a while before you need any upgrading.

but you cant know what namber of visitors (daily) can dell with it untill i need to move ? like 1000 ? or more ? or less ??

I'm sorry I don't know the math for your question. However, that wouldn't be my main concern as a startup. Maybe someone else can elaborate a better answer for you.

Shared hosting, or the reseller club hosting should do fine at the beginning as long as you are using external storage for images.
As @tomsit said, opt for external storage from day 1.

They offer wide range of plans and services. I am not sure which one you are referring to. If it has SSD and at least 1GB+ spare RAM, you should be good depending on the filesize you allow to be uploaded. If you tell me which plan you're using, I may give you exact numbers.

I would however, always recommend you to opt for unmanaged VPS (My personal favorite is Linode) plan and a scalable storage option where you can increase your storage requirements as you go, or at least a provider which offer high storage as well as low storage servers, so migrations will be easier if you grow big.

thank you lovedigit
depending on the filesize you allow to be uploaded
i will allow 10 mb
if i start with reseller club it will be with cloud hosting (2g ram- 2cpu)
and if not
i will use this plan .. i use it now for test
it will be just for coupel of month

and i will use external storage from time4vps (ithink :p)
until i can have managed vps
because i think i cant take care of vps security by my self

thank you lovedigit

i will allow 10 mb
if i start with reseller club it will be with cloud hosting (2g ram- 2cpu)
and if not
i will use this plan .. i use it now for test
it will be just for coupel of month

and i will use external storage from time4vps (ithink :p)
until i can have managed vps
because i think i cant take care of vps security by my self
If you are not confident about server management you could either use runcloud.io or serverpilot to manage security and stack setup on your unmanaged vps.

I would suggest you to buy a linode $10 vps and time4vps storage server. Run serverpilot or runcloud on both. It will cost you $20/month if you go with (linode + runcloud)and another ~12 euro/quarter for time4vps storage.

Last edited:
i have some question about setup my chevereto but i cant add post in (Development help)
what i shoud do ???

Back