• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

a few questions

shellcode

Chevereto Noob
I'm looking for a replacement to google photos; and not necessarily a public image hosting service. I've tried PhotoPrism; it comes close but after spending hours setting it up some of my Albums with over 2000 images it struggles with; and stops allowing you to browse the photos after a certain point saying you hit some silly limit.

A few questions:
  • Does this support "videos" 2-4 min clips from iPhones.
  • Does this support "HEIC" photos?
  • Does this support Apple Live Photos?
  • Does this support Face Recognition;
  • Does It keep the originals unmodified.

I wouldn't ask all these questions but I am unable to search your community website.

Chevereto is image hosting software similar to Imgur. It is not intended to replace google photos / apple photos and does not have the same features PhotoPrism has.

On that note PhotoPrism is able to easily handle thousands of photos/videos. If you're struggling with it then it's likely hardware related and not a problem with the software.

Hi @shellcode

Does this support "videos" 2-4 min clips from iPhones.
No, but support for video will be added to V4.1.

Does this support "HEIC" photos?
Does this support Apple Live Photos?
It doesn't support HEIC, neither ALP as the tech required for that is not generally available for most customers. In any case, the plan with V4 is to enable using plugins to get extra functionality which should cover this in some future.

Does this support Face Recognition
It doesn't, but there are plans for facial, object and abusive images recognition.

Does It keep the originals unmodified.
Yes, it does.

Hi @shellcode

No, but support for video will be added to V4.1.

It doesn't support HEIC, neither ALP as the tech required for that is not generally available for most customers. In any case, the plan with V4 is to enable using plugins to get extra functionality which should cover this in some future.

It doesn't, but there are plans for facial, object and abusive images recognition.

Yes, it does.
Very informative; is the v4 plugin system available today? if so I will check it out; I don't mind writing a plugin to support the missing functionality I need.

Back