• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

A Couple of Questions Before I Purchase

si0077

Chevereto Member
Just a couple of questions before I purchase..

1, Can user uploads be turned off so that only I can or admin can add photos?
2, It seems that on the demo, the download button just opens the image into full screen, does the download button actually work, ie, user clicks and can download the image?
3, Can the homepage have a search bar in the middle instead of the upload photo, something like Pixabay?

Thank you

Simon.

Just a couple of questions before I purchase..

2, It seems that on the demo, the download button just opens the image into full screen, does the download button actually work, ie, user clicks and can download the image?
3, Can the homepage have a search bar in the middle instead of the upload photo, something like Pixabay?

Thank you

Simon.
1: This is a simple setting change in the admin panel. So yes.
2: Simple coding change to that page can solve that.
3: Simple coding once again.

Yes, when you disable image upload it affects everyone except admin accounts.

That depends on your browser. I use the HTML 5 download attribute and it works in browsers which use that.

Yes, but you need to do that editing on your own.

Thank you.

Can you guide me on how to add the search bar and fix the download issue in Firefox?

If this is possible, I will buy a license as soon as you can confirm.

Thank you

Simon.

Firefox doesn't play nice that download attribute, you can check this thread in stackoverflow.

For the search stuff, is easy as put a form pointing to /search. If you understand that then you won't have issues, otherwise you will need a lot of help and currently I don't have spare time for that and before you ask I don't do paid customization work.

Back