• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

99% The way there.

ScrtachMang

Chevereto Noob
Is there any expected release timeline for the Mobile Apps?

Seen a lot of people requesting it, and the Admins accpeting it as a feature to add, but nothing else beyond that... So rather than ask if there's going to be one I figured I would ask a more reasonable question as to the timeline?

Thanks....

Current system works pretty good in mobile devices (mobile web) and truth is that a mobile app is totally out of the scope at this time. I'm not a developer of mobile apps and I'm not planing to develop mobile apps in the future.

Sorry to disappoint you.

No worries...

I setup an account on the 'Demo' site and tried to upload from an Android Device (Cyanogen) and it would not open the Camrea which was odd. Might be permissions on the Phone itself so I'll double check. But thanks for the quick reply / feedback. Chevereto is still at the top of the list at the moment :)

Photo picker is tricky on Android. To get the camera click the menu icon, then click on upload and finally click on "take a picture".

Yeah,

It was the phone itself. Firefox did not have permission to access the Camrea, hence the lockup and inability to upload. It's all good the error was at this end of things. :)

Thanks again

Got time for a few more questions?

The reason for the 'Desire' for a Photo Hosting site was for a set of Forums I operate. People want to be able to Upload and link to the images without jumping thru hopos as it were. And a lot of them are quite technically.. Ummm what's the right word? Technically impaired? So the simpler I can make it the better.

So, with the Camera thing and Mobile apps sorted.. Here's the next one.

With Forums like Xenforo we seem to be running the same one so bonus there. Is there an easy way to Link up Chevereto and Xenforo? Like say a BBCode or some other mechanism where a user can upload an image called say "Picture.jpg" and then simply reference it form within Xenforo like [bbcode]Picure.jpg[/bbcode]? Would probably depend on the URL and as long as that dows not change. I noticed on the Demo site the URL has the Date in it like this...

http://demo.chevereto.com/images/2016/07/07/qww.th.png

Can we format the URL to be a constant rather than a date? Say USERID or something like that? Not certain if they need to be able to access each others SQL Database, probably I suspect, but a Photo sharing site that can be "Tightly" integrated into Xenforo... That would be amazing

Is there an easy way to Link up Chevereto and Xenforo? Like say a BBCode or some other mechanism where a user can upload an image called say "Picture.jpg" and then simply reference it form within Xenforo like [bbcode]Picure.jpg[/bbcode]?

The system generates embed codes in HTML, BBCode and Markdown so it suits everything really. If I'm right, you are asking for a way in which you can embed a form or something that can allow your users to upload photos directly from your forum isn't? I remember that imageshack used to have this feature. This Chevereto website seems to have what you need: http://imgbb.com/mod but unfortunately, this also needs server side code that only that author can share.

Can we format the URL to be a constant rather than a date? Say USERID or something like that? Not certain if they need to be able to access each others SQL Database, probably I suspect, but a Photo sharing site that can be "Tightly" integrated into Xenforo... That would be amazing

If you are asking how to achieve that, I will say that you will need to add a custom route where you will need to pass user session/cookie and append this USERID to the filename of path. It should be possible but it will need advanced PHP to make it possible. As you may notice, is not impossible to tweak Chevereto to fit your needs but it needs a lot of knowledge of server side programming.

Sort of got the idea...

But I think I see where you are heading with it.

I would have to build the BBCODE for Xenforo to automagically create the majority of the URL leaving just the Image at then end to be filled out by the user. So something like...

Code:
 http://www.myphoto.album.com/path/to/share/$XenforoUID/PICTURE.jpg

If I could Pull the $Xenforo UID as a Variable, and ensure that the URL that Chevereto uses for the User was constant (Everything upto and Includeing the XenforoUID) AND Ensure that the Chevereto and Xenforo UID's are the same.... then I think it would work...

Will have to work on it. But first, Purchase a license for Chevereto :)

Actually, Chevereto won't allow you to do that. It allows you to choose any name but the path is either a static path like /images or /<datefolder>. However, you could do this:

Code:
http://www.myphoto.album.com/path/to/share/<XenforoUID>$PICTURE.jpg

And using rewrite rules interpreter it as:

Code:
 http://www.myphoto.album.com/path/to/share/$XenforoUID/PICTURE.jpg

Last edited:
That would do the trick nicely....

As adding an image to the forums would be as simple as this for Users...

Code:
[PhotoBBcode]UserID-Photo.jpg[/PhotoBBcode]

Kicker would be parsing the separator between the $XenforoUID and the Actual name of the Photo...

But again, excellent Ideas here. I'll let you know what I eventually come up with....

Back