• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

3.8 explore is slow!!

jimsweb

Chevereto Member
I run my website with 10k images. Today i upgraded to v3.8 and found that website explore performance has gone down. I have no other changes except the update done. With 3.7.5 the explore loading was smooth and pleasant. But right now there is a rotating symbol that stays there for 3-4 seconds!!! Not sure anyone else is having this problem. Does anyone know how to bring back previous version loading style...?

thanks in advance!

url - http://cellarpix.com/explore

I run my website with 10k images. Today i upgraded to v3.8 and found that website explore performance has gone down. I have no other changes except the update done. With 3.7.5 the explore loading was smooth and pleasant. But right now there is a rotating symbol that stays there for 3-4 seconds!!! Not sure anyone else is having this problem. Does anyone know how to bring back previous version loading style...?

thanks in advance!

url - http://cellarpix.com/explore

Page load for me was 1.01s for all images :)

I should say, I am running a 1Gbs leased line at work though, so it does tend to warp figures like that.

v3.8.0 explorer is up to twice faster than previous explorer (endless scrolling). It could be faster, but isn't slower than the previous one.

I haven't seen any issues on my side either, after the upgrade everything is running smoothly and its definitely not slower.

Anything change on your hosting side?

3 seconds delay is indeed a worry. However, i'm trying to figure out the java script part that loads the explore progressively in prev version. I love to have it back. will share it, if i can figure it out.

please help, if anyone knows what code was responsible for loading thumbnails progressively in 3.7.5. thanks in advance..

I removed the fade in animation and everything else is exactly the same. Something that loads all the thing at once can't be slower than something that loads and then performs an animation. It loads just like Flickr or 500px so I don't know what is being missed here.

True, it could be faster but please don't get fooled by an animation. If you wonder why I removed the animation, is because that animation uses jquery and is extremely slow in mobile devices. Chevereto performance in mobile is rock solid so I had to get rid of that old chunky stuff.

Eventually I will improve listings and explore and if you let me know that you want an animation there I will add it. Maybe the old stuff looked better, but it wasn't faster at all.

Last edited:
thank you for the explanation. it says all.

It's true that old fade in animation was clever enough to fool people and all of a sudden the animation is gone and we (at least me ;) ) tend to think that the website is slow... i think, i will have to live with it. But i should admit that some kind of animation (or sort of) would suffice to hide the slow loading of explore.. my penny worth thought.. thank you.

Back