• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

3.5.15 - can't upload landing image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skotina

Chevereto Member
Hello,

Update 3.5.15 went smoothly but when I tried to upload landing image chevereto showed error like

"Check the errors to proceed."

But there are no errors shown and the landing image hasn't been uploaded. I believe the thing is that chevereto can't upload the image to the folder but I don't know which folder's permissions to check. Can you give me a hint on this?

https://chevereto.com/docs/requirements

Chevereto requires write access in the /content and /images folders. Since Chevereto runs PHP, the web server (Apache, Nginx, etc.) inherit his permissions to Chevereto so if Apache can't write in a folder then Chevereto won't be able to write on it. Make sure that the web server is in the owner group of your website folders to allow Chevereto to work properly.

Also double check the read/write access to the temp folder (/tmp in Unix/Linux andC:/Windows/Temp in Windows).

Ok, another image uploaded with no problem. What's the size (dimensions?) limit for landing image?

There are no limitations, but you have to think that the thing uses a raw version of the uploader. Most likely invalid images or very large images will cause issues.

That might be the cause. I tried to upload a large *.png image as landing page image; but it wouldn't upload. When I converted the image to much smaller *.jpg, uploading worked. And the smaller the image size, the faster your landing page loads.

That might be the cause. I tried to upload a large *.png image as landing page image; but it wouldn't upload. When I converted the image to much smaller *.jpg, uploading worked. And the smaller the image size, the faster your landing page loads.
I had 5 MB 5000x3000 photo (JPG) and only I have changed its dimensions (to 2500x1500) it uploaded perfectly. The limit for file upload on my server is 16 MB by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back