• Welcome to the Chevereto user community!

Here users from all over the world gather around to learn the latest about Chevereto and contribute with ideas to improve the software.

Please keep in mind:

• 😌 This community is user driven. Be polite with other users.
    • 👉 Is required to purchase a Chevereto license to participate in this community (doesn't apply to Pre-sales).
    • 💸 Purchase a Pro Subscription to get access to active software support and faster ticket response times.

3.0 on the scoope

Rodolfo

⭐ Chevereto Godlike
Chevereto Staff
Administrator
Perhaps you have already notice that 2.1 will be massive and according to the roadmap there is mapping only up to 2.3

I have a bold plan in Chevereto to boost sales and development, and one of those plans means a new free version which also means 3.0 because my plan is make the last 2.X free (if I do that I actually don't need to make a new free version just use the old commercial version).

All the important changes for 2.X will appear on 2.1 meaning that all the other 2.X releases will be a fine tune of the 2.1 release including some nice functions over and over but just that, no major things left like change the template engine or the flash uploader will be made because I want those improvements on 3.0

Since 3.0 will be huge, we are talking about a lot of time but here come the good news... From this Saturday I will be 100% working only for Chevereto and that means that all the times will be shorter than ever. In fact, I want to submit 2.1 beta on April 30th and 15 days later launch 2.1 and the goal is start 3.0 development on September (taking into account the 2.X bugs, issues, forum change, etc).

I will love to keep using my work time only for Chevereto but that only the time will tell. If I can hit another home run is likely that all the project escalate to new fancy levels and things will be more easier. I also want to use my code and all what I have learned with this to make a personal filemanager script (quickty.com) but that will be analyzed after 3.0 launch.

I have saw a lot of scripts for image upload, file upload, managers, etc... And none of those can be even compared to the 2.1 filemanager. I really want that this 2.1 release be a massive boom on the web because I have more ideas like that to improve the system, 3.0 will be the place of all those things.

So I hope you like the update and lets hope that things work out.

Sounds great!

Will it be possible to blend Quickty with Chevereto? Would be nice to introduce more than images at some point... maybe videos :D

The idea behind quickty is to make a 100% personal upload script. That is the goal. Chevereto goal is different, is focused on the masses, accounts, public access, etc.

But hey, I will be the owner of both scripts. Customers will be mixed and you can get the two scripts with special discount ;)

Rodolfo said:
The idea behind quickty is to make a 100% personal upload script. That is the goal. Chevereto goal is different, is focused on the masses, accounts, public access, etc.

But hey, I will be the owner of both scripts. Customers will be mixed and you can get the two scripts with special discount ;)

Awesome :3 ! Cant wait to see both scripts :)

Back